We stayed here for a short, but memorable, extended weekend trip. I hadn't visited DC since I was a kid and wanted to stay somewhere luxurious and yet outside of the Capitol Hill hubbub. This is the perfect retreat for those who don't mind the short walk (30-45 minutes; 10 minute walk to the nearest Metro station) to the more popular sights and museums.
We were automatically upgraded to a tremendous suite with an extra half-bathroom and sitting area. A generous, "American-style" breakfast is included with any AAA membership. The hotel is located just a couple blocks away from Georgetown's superb shopping district-- a charming stretch of shops and eateries, with rustic views of the nearby river and canal. We also fell in love with nearby Embassy Row, riding bikes (provided by the hotel) to explore the district's gorgeous townhouses. Dinner at the hotel's Blue Duck Tavern was especially tasty, though I'd recommend sharing side dishes and appetizers rather than limiting yourself to the less interesting main courses.
The staff was incredibly gracious, and the accomodations were magnificent. The look and feel of the hotel is sumptuous without being overbearing. (There is also a well-equipped fitness center and pool/jacuzzi area, but I'll have to check out those amenities on my next trip.) My only kvetch is that house cars are only available on weekdays. I understand that many visitors leave DC on the weekends, but can't a five-star establishment afford to keep at least one housecar on hand for weekend guests? This issue aside, I won't be straying from the Park Hyatt on any of my future trips to DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Hyatt Washington, located in the fashionable West End Georgetown neighborhood of the nation's capital, combines sophisticated modernism with classic American style. With its Tea Cellar offering rare and vintage tea selections, intimate Spa Room offering an array of services and treatments, redesigned flexible event and meeting space, and celebrated Blue Duck Tavern restaurant, Park Hyatt Washington offers guests a unique experience in the nation's capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hyatt Hotel Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt