Omni Shoreham Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Windsor Park Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
The Normandy Hotel(Washington DC)
View Hotel
Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row(Washington DC)
Washington Hilton(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
The LINE Hotel DC(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
The Baron Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Georgetown Hill Inn(Washington DC)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
7,512 results
All reviewsopen cityrobert's restaurantrock creek parkselect guestbeautiful hotelwoodley parkwalk in closetmetro stationadams morganoutdoor poolan older hotellarge hotelvalet parkingfitness centerdc areadupont circlezoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2004

Polite façade with a poor backing.
Called multiple times attempting to get someone that could speak English. I know that sounds bad, but I simply could not understand the operator. This was my first contact with the Omni, which didn’t leave a good impression. I asked for the Concierge to ask how far the Metro was from the hotel. I was told 7/8 mile. It’s only 2 blks!
Before making reservation for 2 adults and 2 children, I asked if the room had a microwave and a refrigerator. I was told no microwave which was fine, but was told that each room had a refrigerator. They neglected to say that you couldn’t use it. It was for their very high priced items.

House keeping was far beyond bad. It was absolutely unacceptable. Sheets were changed with stained sheets. Horrible dust everywhere. Vacuuming was poor.
The glasses were wiped (clearly visible) and replaced as clean. Cups that had coffee in the AM were turned over and you could still smell the coffee when returning in the PM. Some glasses had greasy fingerprints leftover from pizza the night before. The polite façade quickly vanished when this was reported. It took 2 calls and over an hour to get clean glasses.

The vent in the bathroom was plugged with dirt. The Air conditioner vents were filthy!

The staff, for the most part were very polite, nice and helpful. The facility is located in a good area with American and many ethnic restaurants within 2 blks and it is close to the Metro. Good sport center and pool. Don’t let the old look fool you. It is a nice facility for a decent price, but not a 4 by any standard.

Reviewed August 22, 2004

We got the room at $135 a night, and it was worth about that. We were two adults and two children in a room with two queen beds. We found the room adequate, the beds comfortable, and overall clean and well kept. The bathroom and furniture are a little old, but everything worked fine. There was a large walk-in closet to keep all our luggage in. My favorite thing, and the reason I gave it above average instead of average, was free wireless internet in the room. The area is very nice, with lots of good restaurants in walking distance, and the Metro stop as well. The zoo was a few blocks North, and free to boot (well, I guess my taxes pay for it) -- the kids liked the zoo, and we went there a few times since it was convenient. We didn't have to make a whole day for it. We did not have a car, and found the Metro to be a quick way to get around. I recommend the 7-day pass if you're there for a week. It pays off averaging only three metro hops a day, and you don't ever have to think about how much is on your card. I would stay at the Omni again.

2  Thank dradler
A TripAdvisor Member
Lumpkin,GA
Reviewed August 21, 2004

I recently stayed at the Omni for a business trip. I was so impressed with the size of the room and the exceptional service of the staff that I booked extra nights. There was also ample meeting space.

Reviewed August 18, 2004