Omni Shoreham Hotel
$97
$191
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$180
$125
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

$131
$119
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$184
$149
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$121
$111
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$167
$140
$129
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$129
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$244
$143
7,624 results
All reviewsopen cityrobert's restaurantrock creek parkselect guestbeautiful hotelwoodley parkwalk in closetmetro stationadams morganoutdoor poolan older hotellarge hotelvalet parkingfitness centerdc areadupont circlezoo
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I loved the hotel and for my wife's birthday we upgraded to a king suite which was really comfortable and was serviced by housekeeping excellently.
The location in Woodley Park is also nice and there are some convenient diners and services adjacent.
It is also only a 20min walk or so to Dupont circle.
I totally agree with one of the previous reviews where unfortunatly the front of house staff really let this hotel down.
Prior to the trip we wanted a recommendation for dinner on the Saturday night and were directed to Filomena in Georgetown (see seperate review)
Prior to visiting this concierge was positively gushing in the 'awsome' night we would have Apart from the restaurant not being what we wanted my wife ended up with food poisoning from the pasta with sausage and spent all day in bed violently ill. At no point and despite visiting the front desk did anyone show any concern or help for our predicament and being 4000 miles from home in a foreign country is not pleasant when one is badly ill.
As for our gushing concierge he has become conspicuous by his absence both during our stay and despite being e-mailed prior to our stay he has not thought it correct to e-mail us regarding this experience.
I also experienced being kept waiting at the concierge desk whilst he pontificated with 2 delegates about a choice of restaurants and bars and if it took 100 words where 10 would suffice he is at olympic standards.
I have had an apology from the Director of Front Office at the hotel which was pleasing as it has been taken seriously but it is a real shame that this really nice place which has a history is being let down by insincere over the top service!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Craighigg1959
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

We are so thankful that you choose The Omni Shoreham for your trip to Washington, DC and truly regret your experience with Filomena and your staff interactions upon your return. Not only will we avoid recommending this restaurant in the future but we have also shared your feedback with our associates. We want to impress upon them the importance of following through and taking care of our guests. We sincerely apologize for your experience and hope that we will have a future opportunity to make up for this experience.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

wonderful location, great staff and helpful concierge. Rooms are huge, if you have 2 small kids you can all fit in one room. We took a run on the rock creek parkway trail ( I hope I have that right, but the entrance is just around the corner). Metro stop is really no more than a 5 minute walk. I got a great price and that was the icing on the cake! We hope to return there when we need to be back in DC.

Room Tip: check prices for this hotel on different hotel booking sites as well as the Omni site.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank adajPittsburgh

We are delighted to read that you were well taken care of by our associates during your time at The Omni Shoreham. Rock Creek Park (you had it right) is a great place for a run or bike ride and we are so fortunate to have it literally in our backyard. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

In general, I feel like I really want to like the hotel. Hotel itself - cool, remodeled 1930's, cool historical feel in lobby and guest rooms. My room was very big, lots of room to move around my King size bed. Bathroom is a little narrow, more than one person at a time in the bathroom would be a tight squeeze. My room had a clogged bathroom sink and a bathtub spigot that was loose and bouncing when water was on - but hotel sent engineering to fix both shortly after I reported it. I arrived at 9am the day of my arrival, and they let me check in and go to my room early. Expensive restaurant but totally worthwhile breakfast buffet - omelet station, variety of meat and fruit and baked goods everyday.

My feeling on staff is where the mixed review comes in:
(1) asked the desk to leave a note for a group of people staying at hotel telling them where to meet the next morning for a training - desk staff told me they would slide note into the guest keys when they checked in - for some they did, for some they slid under door next morning (too late) and for some they didn't give them my note at all.
(2) asked the Concierge for a recommendation for someplace close by that a group of ladies our 40's could eat and maybe hear live music without being swamped by 20 year olds (hotel is walking distance to Adams Morgan which is very cool cultural center but also lots of loud and rowdy party bars, and wind/cold was arctic that night so "close by" was essential). I stood for 14 FULL MINUTES listening to the conceirge assist someone else with dozens of recommendations for martinis and cocktail bars, during which time he didn't even make eye contact or give me the polite "be with you in a minute"... When it was finally my turn he insisted that there was really NO WHERE to hear live music unless we wanted to cab downtown (not really ideal with a group of 8 requiring 2 cabs both ways to transport us). (really no place to hear live music is a load of crap by the way).
(3) I thanked the concierge and proceeded to the bell desk to ask the bell guy the same question. I told him our situation, he insisted that we NEEDED to go to Adams Morgan, we would have a great time. I asked about a bar 3 blocks north of the hotel which I had heard had a live band and a full menu. He said "no there's nothing north of here, you definitely want to go to Adams Morgan, you'll have a great...." at which point I turned around and walked away while he was still insisting I would LOVE Adams Morgan. (My group did by the way walk 3 blocks north and had a great time at the Zoo Cafe and Bar (see that review next).

SO, while Omni Shoreham was really convenient to Metro, a nice grouping of restaurants in walking distance, also CVS around the corner, I wouldn't trust the staff to give me any advice. I would also double check my hotel bill - even though wireless internet is free in your room if you join their Select Guest club, they still charged me $9.99 a day for wireless in room access (and p.s. go to lobby, access free wi-fi to join Select, then go up to your room and sign in to wi-fi, otherwise you'll get charged $9.99 to access wi-fi in room to sign up for free wireless...)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at The Omni Shoreham. Although we wish your stay would have been perfect from start to finish, we thank you for allowing us to understand where we have room for improvement. We will share your comments with our guest services manager who will follow up with the appropriate departments. Please accept our apologies that we weren't more thorough with our follow through on your notes or our recommendations from the concierge. We hope we will have a future opportunity to provide you with a stay that meets all of your expectations.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Omni Shoreham is an elegant grande dame of a hotel in DC conveniently located in Woodley Park, near the Metro and restaurants & services. We have stayed there several times for short, weekend stays, booking at bargain rates on Priceline. Our room was large, clean, and airy. The bathroom was small, altho modern & adequate. (The door opened in and it was slightly difficult to maneuver around it to get out. So that could be a problem for some people). We signed up for their preferred guest program and had free coffee delivered to our room. Can't beat that. There is a terrific brunch place, Open Table, just across the street. Highly recommend the Omni Shoreham.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shariland

Thank you for your generous recommendation of the Omni Shoreham. It was a pleasure for us to read that you have enjoyed all of your getaways with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I haven't been to the Shoreham since I was a child. When I went back it was still beautiful. Our rooms were terrific and everyone was so nice and helpful. I brough my mother who is in her eighties and they couldn't have been nicer. She originally stayed here in the 1930s so it was great reminder of her youth. From the 30s to the 70s we visited many times. The hotel was clean, the staff terrific, and our rooms were spotless. I saw someone complain the hotel is an antique. It may be so but it is one that is kept in terrific shape. I would definite come back and stay here on my next visit to Washington. I had 2 teenage girls with me and I felt they were safe to go around the hotel and go across the streets to the restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank VCS29
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

It was heartwarming to read about your return to The Omni Shoreham after spending so much time with us in your youth. We are delighted that you, your mother, and your daughters all enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon!