Lowest prices for your stay
$329
eDreams$329
Priceline$329
FindHotel$127
1,325 results
All reviews boutique hotel nice neighborhood within walking distance coffee maker white house embassies hilton district valet
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2019

I stayed in this hotel a couple of times in the past, the last in 2013. My recent stay this weekend did not live up to my previous. The property has had a few changes in the first floor and the outside patio. The rooms are the same, except I think when I stayed last time it was recently renovated, now my room did not seem new. It was comfortable but the shade was broken and the chair visibly worn. Then nespresso machine leaked and no amenities like free coffee, fruit, cookies or wine as in the past. Customer service was not up to what I remembered before. I didn’t eat the breakfast which is now $14 and just continental. This might have been worth it 10-15 years ago when the hotel was in a mainly residential neighborhood. Since then there has been a lot of development in the area including three hotels right next to the Normandy and many restaurants within walking distance. I paid $180 to stay here and I wouldn’t again. For half that price it is okay but there are other options at higher price points. My room was quiet, clean and private so it is a solid option if at a lower price.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank lucero65
Reviewed June 14, 2019

I stayed at The Normandy Hotel two nights for a short business trip. The room was small but very quaint. It was a little noisy but faced the street, so that's probably why. I also had to keep my blinds down, but it was ok. I am a pescatarian and vegan so breakfast didn't offer much for me to eat for $14.95, so I waited and purchased oatmeal and coffee at the host hotel for my conference.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank lovetogogtravel
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

The Normandy Hotel is a wonderful boutique hotel. As we have stayed in this hotel in the past for visits to DC, it was a pleasant surprise to see the hotel has been renovated top to bottom. The hotel sits on a very quiet street in what I consider upper Dupont. The location is within walking distance to the heart of Dupont, Georgetown, the White House, National Mall and museums.

The rooms are small but have been modernized mixing in the old charm with new fixtures; safe, mini fridge, tv, good lighting.

If you are looking for a nice hotel within walking distance to the major attractions in DC, this is a great choice.

Shout out to the very friendly and helpful staff which in addition to the hotels ambiance and location, has helped make The Normandy our hotel choice for visits to DC.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank ajearld
Reviewed May 23, 2019

My daughter and I visited Washington DC to see the sights and have a fun weekend away. We loved the Normandy Hotel. It's in a quiet neighborhood and yet close to restaurants, subway and taxis. Every day we walked for miles around DC and loved coming back to our beautiful room at the Normandy. All the staff members were kind and helpful. I can't wait to return to The Normandy Hotel with my husband.

Room tip: Outside temp. was in the high 80's and low 90's...the room was cool. We never felt the heat or humidity.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Monica D
Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

Arrived at 10 pm. Our rooms are still being cleaned and will be ready in one hour. Now 11:45 pm and rooms still not ready. Desk clerk “can not contact manager until morning “. Booked this hotel couple months ago for 3 night stay.

Date of stay: May 2019