2 people are viewing this hotel
eDreams$329
FindHotel$110
Priceline$329
1,325 results
All reviews boutique hotel nice neighborhood within walking distance coffee maker white house embassies hilton district valet
Selected filters
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

The Normandy Hotel is a wonderful boutique hotel. As we have stayed in this hotel in the past for visits to DC, it was a pleasant surprise to see the hotel has been renovated top to bottom. The hotel sits on a very quiet street in what I consider upper Dupont. The location is within walking distance to the heart of Dupont, Georgetown, the White House, National Mall and museums.

The rooms are small but have been modernized mixing in the old charm with new fixtures; safe, mini fridge, tv, good lighting.

If you are looking for a nice hotel within walking distance to the major attractions in DC, this is a great choice.

Shout out to the very friendly and helpful staff which in addition to the hotels ambiance and location, has helped make The Normandy our hotel choice for visits to DC.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank ajearld
Reviewed May 23, 2019

My daughter and I visited Washington DC to see the sights and have a fun weekend away. We loved the Normandy Hotel. It's in a quiet neighborhood and yet close to restaurants, subway and taxis. Every day we walked for miles around DC and loved coming back to our beautiful room at the Normandy. All the staff members were kind and helpful. I can't wait to return to The Normandy Hotel with my husband.

Room tip: Outside temp. was in the high 80's and low 90's...the room was cool. We never felt the heat or humidity.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Monica D
Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

Arrived at 10 pm. Our rooms are still being cleaned and will be ready in one hour. Now 11:45 pm and rooms still not ready. Desk clerk “can not contact manager until morning “. Booked this hotel couple months ago for 3 night stay.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Julie G
Reviewed May 18, 2019

Long list of issues with the room: TV had to be reset, HVAC ran constant and freezing, leak in bathroom ceiling, broken refrigerator that froze bottles of water, not to mention no bar/alcohol available on site and the coffee/espresso options were terrible.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2019

I stayed in #109, first floor, on the corner across from what I believe was an Employee exit door. There was constant and I mean CONSTANT door slamming going on all night through the hall across from my room, and I literally had no sleep. I had to download a white noise app and turn it all the way up to try and ignore this obnoxious interruption. My room was freezing too no matter how high I turned the thermostat up. There was also no "do not disturb" tag for me to put on my door. I was sleeping when the cleaning lady knocked on my door before 9 am before I'd even checked out. Sleep disturbed again.

The hotel room and hotel was very clean though which was nice. The bed was comfortable, and the location was nice as well.

It was just very frustrating having a door slamming incredibly LOUDLY literally all throughout the night and morning. It is extremely inconsiderate of guests.

Room tip: Do not stay in #109 or on the first floor at all unless you don't want to sleep.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business