Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Hotels.com
$238
$225
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$319
$287
  • Breakfast included
$280
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$479
$220
$194
$351
$314
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$428
$335
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$389
$171
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
$502
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
All reviewsconvention centervictorian roomcontinental breakfastwhite housemodern amenitiesbed was comfortablesitting roomrooms are smallattending a conferencemini barnational malldowntown dcstreet noisevalet parkingenjoyed my staymetro stationfew blocks
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This place is lovely on the outside. It would be great if you needed a weekend away and could book a room overlooking the internal courtyard.... But I needed to work. Despite what their website says, they have no wifi in the rooms. I stayed a basement room they called a "courtyard" which might as well have been on the sidewalk and faced the street. The constant traffic noise was unbelievable. The bathroom lighting was so dark it was hard to put on makeup. Room Service only goes until 9pm (which is unfortunately early for me on a work trip).

One real positive- they have the most lovely Delft birdcage in the lobby. If you can just run and see this beautiful piece of art, you won't be sorry.... Still not worth the price for a business traveller.

• Stayed: April 2013
Mohamad_Taha, General Manager at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Good Afternoon,
I do wish to apologize that our Inn was not quite what you expected. The uniqueness of our Inn sets us apart from the more modern chain hotels and I'am sorry that you were not satisfied with our accomodations. I do wish to point out that we do offer complimentary Wi Fi service in the hotel, which also features a hard wired connection in all of our guest rooms. We also have rooms which would have been of better suit to you had you wished to be in a quieter room, on a higher floor.
I do appreciate your honesty in regards to your stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My college aged daughter, her girlfriend and I stayed in the parlor suite (city view) during our stay mid week of January 2013. We were there for our sorority's (Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.) Founders Day weekend celebration. The front desk service was a class A act! Everyone we encountered from the staff (front desk,housekeeping,dining area, valet AND the hotel manager) were professional, courteous and pleasant. Our room was quaint, and period setting in it's decor and wall coloring. The queen pull out sofa in the sitting area was very comfortable, as was the bedding on the queen bed in the bedroom. The refrigerator was small but filled with water and other snacks that one might find appealing, but I thought they took up wanted fridge space since I wanted to put some of my food items in it. The closet areas (in the bedroom) are very small if you have a lot of clothes, but it is remedied in the parlor where there is a large armor that also houses the smallest flat screen television I have seen to be used in a large room. Our sorority has over 250,000 members, with 14,000 in attendance for our Founders Day celebration and we filled most of the 54 rooms in the hotel. I heard no complaints and only accolades for the hotel staff and rooms. We loved the hotel so much that we reserved the same room for a 9 day stay in July when over 35,000 of my sorority sisters will decend on the DC area to celebrate our 100th year anniversary and we will probably take over the hotel again!. The hotel manager has even promised to adjust the restaurant hours (the food is delicious) to accomudate our varying hours at the Convention Center and Sunday schedule! The hotel is such a short distance from the Convention Center (a little more than a block) that we walked to the Convention Center in our evening gowns!!!!!

Room Tip: Parlor suite on first floor down hall from front desk has a great city view out the front of hotel and is very sunny.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank You for saying such nice things about the Inn and the staff. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you and your sorority sisters will be back with us in July. It is always a pleasure to know when my staff and I have exceeded our guests' expectations and for that, I say Thank You.
We look forward to seeing you again in July!

Yours Truly,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

DC was your final destination on our trip, and this little hotel was perfect!
his location is just 10 min walk from most things, the room is comfortable and quiet!

the staff are so nice...

if you are looking for somewhere to rest between going around the city this is your place!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank You for such nice comments regarding your stay. I'm happy to know that you were satisfied with our location and service.
Should your travel plans bring you back to Washington DC, please do not hesitate in staying with us again.

Regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This small hotel is close to the Convention center and also a 10 minute walk to the White House. Bed was super comfortable and room temperature easy to adjust. Personalized service which you don't find in the larger hotels.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank transplantedNYer
Mohamad_Taha, General Manager at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Good Afternoon,
I'm glad to hear that our location was perfect for you and that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities and services. I sincerely appreciate your kind words and will be sure to pass them on to my staff.
Thank You for choosing to stay with us, as we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Overall, we had a very nice experience at the hotel. The room was very nice and the location was close enough to the various sights that we could walk. We did have a couple of minor complaints, including that the couch where the tv was (different room from bedroom) wasn't very comfortable. The shower pressure was very low and there was no light in the shower area. We could hear some traffic noise. But, I think the price paid was worth what we got in the room. We did have one major problem, which occurred at checkout. There was an unexplained charge on our bill when we received the receipt from the front desk. When we went back up to ask about it, the person at the desk said that she also didn't know where the charge was coming from, but she just left it on the bill. Frankly, I think that conduct is unacceptable, but I'm unwilling to hold the entire hotel accountable for that one employee's action.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room on the courtyard.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mohamad_Taha, General Manager at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank You for taking the time in submitting a review regarding your recent stay at our Inn. We value your comments and sincerely appreciate your honesty. I do apologize that your service at check out was less than satisfactory. Please feel free to contact me at the Morrison-Clark Inn so that I may correct the issue on your bill for you.
Comments such as yours help us improve the quality of our service and pin point areas that need to be addressed.
I would love for you to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you back to Washington DC.