“Historic and Peaceful Stay”

Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Took the Amtrak Northwest Regional train from NYC to D.C. and stayed two nights. The staff was friendly and welcoming. We arrived on a Thursday and were able to check-in early. Good rates especially for a two night stay. The inn is a short walk from the Metro subway station, which was convenient. The bathroom was almost as big as the small standard room, but overall was a decent size for two people. We were there to explore D.C. so did not spend much time in the room anyways. The bed was comfortable and had reading lights built in above. The orange french toast at brunch was tasty! Overall the inn was quiet and peaceful. Free wi-fi was a plus. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mohamad_Taha, General Manager at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

I' am very grateful for your kind words and happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm thankful that you enjoyed the Inn's amenities and all that we had to offer. We strive for the best in customer service satisfaction and I'am always happy to hear when we have exceeded that.

Thank You for allowing us to be apart of your experience while in Washington DC as we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have been visiting family in this area of DC for the past few years and wanted to stay in a smaller and more reasonable hotel this trip. I am a sensitive sleeper and am also an interior designer...so quiet and loveliness matters to me. First I chose the Victorian Room so it would be a little more spacious. The room was cozy, lovely & clean (not gorgeous, but very sweet and comfortable with lovely period antiques), the mattress & bedding very high quality. My room was on the third floor facing L street. The view was partially blocked by the top of the decorative hotel front - but I also think this lessened the street noise and I slept better in this room then I do at home. There was barely any hall noise, and the usual sounds from other rooms were very muffled and negligible. The staff was very kind and helpful. I did not eat any meals in the hotel - but did hear that it is quite good from a very picky local (and also, that President Carter stayed there for the inauguration this year!). This area is developing very quickly into a very hip section of DC brimming with great, modern restaurants within a short distance from the hotel. I will definitely stay at the Morrison Clark Inn again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank amyr555

I'am happy to know that you chose the Morrison-Clark Historic Inn for your accomodation needs while visiting your family in Washington DC. Though we are centrally located within the city, which can thrive on city life, I'am glad that you recieved a good night's sleep and found our Inn to be relaxing and stress free. I would also like to Thank You on the nice comments regarding the staff, as I will be sure to pass your kind words on to them.

Thank You again for staying with us, as we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Sincerly,

Reviewed March 2, 2013

What a wonderful place! I was happily surprised with the reasonable room rate, as nice as it is.

The hotel is a beautiful boutique hotel, both with its old world charm and modern amenities in our room. The bed was very comfortable, so it was nice to sleep so well too.

The staff is very friendly and personable, and was always willing to go the extra mile for us.

I go to DC several times a year, and have decided that this will be my home away from home.

1  Thank FrancesLove

I' am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities as well as the staff, as we go the extra mile in ensuring that our guests are well pampered and taken care of during their stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you in the future should your travel plans bring you back to our Nation's Capital.

Regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed there 2 nights and loved it! I prefer boutique hotels - the ambiance and they feel safer to me. Room was cozy - not huge but i dont need a large room. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillowsI Carpet was a little worn, but that lends to the ambiance of being an older victorian home. I had an inside courtyard room so it was quiet - but the view was nothing special. No noise from the hall either. All of the staff were very nice and accomodating. Everything worked well in my room (216) but the heat took some time to warm up the room. Free wifi was another nice touch. I loved the look and feel of this historical home - and the history was fascinating. Behind the check out desk is an old wooden clock that looks like a carved house. It is beautiful. One of the staff told me it was the very first catalog order clock from Sears! The restaurant was fabulous - well known for their food. First night I had scallops over an Israili couscous that was divine. Second night i had steak with green beans and salad. Desserts were good, but not outstanding - I had the bread pudding and creme brulee. Dining room is beautiful and the staff were nice. Great wine list too!
For those who require it, this hotel is not handicapped accessible - there are several steps to climb to the entrance. Also 4 or 5 steps up the hallway and elevators.
But I would defifnitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Inside courtyard rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Mohamad_Taha, General Manager at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

I' am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and also glad to know that the historic trait of our Inn is what pleased you and that you enjoyed it's aura. Your kind and thoughtful comments are very much appreciated, as I will make sure to pass them along to my staff.
When your travel plans bring you back to Washington DC, please do not hesitate in staying with us.

Have a great day!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wanting to avoid the more usual downtown business chain hotels, my wife and I were looking for a low-key, reasonably-priced Washington hotel for a weekend stay. The Morrison Clark nicely fit the bill. Clean, straightforward, homey-feeling with a very nice breakfast restaurant. Service was a particularly strong point. Everyone was eager to help and quick to do whatever we wanted or needed, including getting our car, suggesting restaurants, etc. The location is good for sight-seeing, just about a 10 minute walk to the mall museums. We would certainly return to this hotel for future weekend trips to DC.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mohamad_Taha, General Manager at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

It is always nice to hear when our guests are satisfied with the overall service, location and quality of our Inn. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could be of service to you. What sets us apart from the more modern chain hotels is that we provide a more historic and intimate atmosphere, catering to our guests on a more personal level.
The next time you are in our Nation's Capitol, we would love for you to visit us again.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during the Inauguration and loved it.The customer service at this hotel is simply the best I have experienced in any hotel I have ever stayed in. You can tell that the Managers care about their employees because they go above and beyond for great guest satisfaction. Everyone from the front desk staff to the restaurant staff were outstanding. I stayed in a Victorian room facing the courtyard and it was the most beautiful room that had the most comfortable bed. My only complaint was that the TV was in an armoire that was off to the side of the bed, so it was difficult to watch. Other than that, I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a comfortable stay with a nostalgic feel! It really adds to the history of the city..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank You for taking the time with saying such nice things about the staff and your overall stay at the Morrison-Clark Historic Inn. I personally love to hear when a guest mentions my staff and the great customer service that they provide, as it is our responsibilty in ensuring that all of our guests are treated with sincerity and kindness.
I will pass your kinds words along to my staff, and always, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

It's just several blocks from the White House, 10 mins walking to the Metro. The shopping center and Macy's are 2 blocks away. The neighborhood is quiet and save; fine restaurants around. The decoration of the whole building seems just as great as the pics. Our room is painted blue, with a king-size bed in the center, wooden wardrobe and desk on each side. The wall is decorated by paintings of orchids and birds, mosaic on the edge. Utilities and facilities are convenient to use. The only disadvantage is breakfast not included.
BTW, restaurant downstairs is good too. Cannot comment on the service, 'coz nothing special happened.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mohamad_Taha, General Manager at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank You for your kind comments regarding the location of our Historic Inn. We take pride in knowing that our guests are satisfied with our central location and that most of the city attractions are just within walking distance.
We do offer special offers online through our website that include breakfast in the room rate, particulary our Winter Savings Package, which includes the Full Breakfast and our Here on Business Package, which includes the Continental Breakfast, should you be interested in booking with us again. Overall, I' am especailly pleased to know that you had the experience in dining in our restaurant.
Should your travel plans bring you back to Washington DC, please do not hesitate in visting us again in the near future.

Best Regards,