“A Washington D.C. Gem!”

Ranked #76 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“A Washington D.C. Gem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed there 2 nights and loved it! I prefer boutique hotels - the ambiance and they feel safer to me. Room was cozy - not huge but i dont need a large room. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillowsI Carpet was a little worn, but that lends to the ambiance of being an older victorian home. I had an inside courtyard room so it was quiet - but the view was nothing special. No noise from the hall either. All of the staff were very nice and accomodating. Everything worked well in my room (216) but the heat took some time to warm up the room. Free wifi was another nice touch. I loved the look and feel of this historical home - and the history was fascinating. Behind the check out desk is an old wooden clock that looks like a carved house. It is beautiful. One of the staff told me it was the very first catalog order clock from Sears! The restaurant was fabulous - well known for their food. First night I had scallops over an Israili couscous that was divine. Second night i had steak with green beans and salad. Desserts were good, but not outstanding - I had the bread pudding and creme brulee. Dining room is beautiful and the staff were nice. Great wine list too!
For those who require it, this hotel is not handicapped accessible - there are several steps to climb to the entrance. Also 4 or 5 steps up the hallway and elevators.
But I would defifnitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Inside courtyard rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mohamad_Taha, General Manager at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
I' am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and also glad to know that the historic trait of our Inn is what pleased you and that you enjoyed it's aura. Your kind and thoughtful comments are very much appreciated, as I will make sure to pass them along to my staff.
When your travel plans bring you back to Washington DC, please do not hesitate in staying with us.

Have a great day!

Mohamad Taha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
ridgewood, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wanting to avoid the more usual downtown business chain hotels, my wife and I were looking for a low-key, reasonably-priced Washington hotel for a weekend stay. The Morrison Clark nicely fit the bill. Clean, straightforward, homey-feeling with a very nice breakfast restaurant. Service was a particularly strong point. Everyone was eager to help and quick to do whatever we wanted or needed, including getting our car, suggesting restaurants, etc. The location is good for sight-seeing, just about a 10 minute walk to the mall museums. We would certainly return to this hotel for future weekend trips to DC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mohamad_Taha, General Manager at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
It is always nice to hear when our guests are satisfied with the overall service, location and quality of our Inn. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could be of service to you. What sets us apart from the more modern chain hotels is that we provide a more historic and intimate atmosphere, catering to our guests on a more personal level.
The next time you are in our Nation's Capitol, we would love for you to visit us again.

Los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during the Inauguration and loved it.The customer service at this hotel is simply the best I have experienced in any hotel I have ever stayed in. You can tell that the Managers care about their employees because they go above and beyond for great guest satisfaction. Everyone from the front desk staff to the restaurant staff were outstanding. I stayed in a Victorian room facing the courtyard and it was the most beautiful room that had the most comfortable bed. My only complaint was that the TV was in an armoire that was off to the side of the bed, so it was difficult to watch. Other than that, I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a comfortable stay with a nostalgic feel! It really adds to the history of the city..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank You for taking the time with saying such nice things about the staff and your overall stay at the Morrison-Clark Historic Inn. I personally love to hear when a guest mentions my staff and the great customer service that they provide, as it is our responsibilty in ensuring that all of our guests are treated with sincerity and kindness.
I will pass your kinds words along to my staff, and always, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

It's just several blocks from the White House, 10 mins walking to the Metro. The shopping center and Macy's are 2 blocks away. The neighborhood is quiet and save; fine restaurants around. The decoration of the whole building seems just as great as the pics. Our room is painted blue, with a king-size bed in the center, wooden wardrobe and desk on each side. The wall is decorated by paintings of orchids and birds, mosaic on the edge. Utilities and facilities are convenient to use. The only disadvantage is breakfast not included.
BTW, restaurant downstairs is good too. Cannot comment on the service, 'coz nothing special happened.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mohamad_Taha, General Manager at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank You for your kind comments regarding the location of our Historic Inn. We take pride in knowing that our guests are satisfied with our central location and that most of the city attractions are just within walking distance.
We do offer special offers online through our website that include breakfast in the room rate, particulary our Winter Savings Package, which includes the Full Breakfast and our Here on Business Package, which includes the Continental Breakfast, should you be interested in booking with us again. Overall, I' am especailly pleased to know that you had the experience in dining in our restaurant.
Should your travel plans bring you back to Washington DC, please do not hesitate in visting us again in the near future.

Best Regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed in Washingtion DC for the weekend and was very pleased with all aspects of this larger inn located just outside of the tourist area of DC but close enough to walk. Great building and interior design but unexpeted was the specicil level of service including the dinning room. A fantastic value.

Room Tip: The suites are the best value.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mohamad_Taha, General Manager at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I' am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our mission is to provide oustanding service for all of our guests and I'm so thankful that your experience with us was a great one.
Should your travel plans bring you back to Washington DC, please feel free to book with us again.

Regards,
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

There is a sameness to hotels that cater to business travelers. I guess it's reassuring for some, but for me I'll take the Morrison-Clark for its history, beauty, and eccentricity. I'll start with the rooms. Our room was small-ish, but had everything we needed. What it lacked in immense size it made up for in having real wood, windows we could open, and it being s room totally different than probably every other room in the hotel. It made us wonder what it felt like to stay there in 1920 or 1940. We found the staff very helpful (as in VERY!) and friendly. We had breakfast in the beautiful restaurant downstairs. It fueled us for the rest of the day. If you wondered what life was like in old Washington DC, but want modern amenities, stay at the Morrison-Clark.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Brian E
Mohamad_Taha, General Manager at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I appreciate your kind review regarding your recent stay at the Morrison-Clark Inn. Keeping the historic character of the Inn is our #1 priority, as we value every guest who appreciates the ambiance of what our Inn has to offer. The staff at the Morrison-Clark Historic Inn work very diligently on a daily basis to ensure that each and every guest experience is met with rewarding satisfaction and excellence.I' am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is comments such as yours that allow the staff and the overall operation of the hotel to continue to strive for the best in service and satisfaction.
Thank You for staying with us and please feel free to visit again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Chatham, Kent, Uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Very comfortable hotel with "period" room furnishings and modern features (at first I thought there was no TV but on opening the wardrobe door I found a flatscreen TV with cable channels and a fridge!). Tea/coffee, adjustable aircon, large bathroom with bath and shower. Quite unique and very different from a large "chain" hotel - would certainly recommend and stay here again. Walking distance to White House, Chinatown and central Washington and only several minutes walk from Mount Vernon Square subway station (recommended for Arlington Cemetery, Pentagon and Zoo - possibly also for visiting Capitol building and museums such as National Air and Space Museum and National Gallery of Art although these latter 3 suggestions are only some 20 minutes walk from the hotel). The great thing about visiting Washingto is that almost all the important attractions are entirely free (incl. zoo, museums and even the Ford Theatre / Petersen House tour - most poignant now following the release of the Spielberg film "Lincoln"). By the way, it is worth considering purchasing a stored-value "SmarTrip" card for using buses and metro trains - one-use tickets cost a $1 premium each trip and are a pain to purchase! You can even use the "SmarTrip" card on the express bus to Washington Dulles airport ($5 fare, every half-hour - allow 60 minutes for journey time - from L'Enfant Plaza Metro station).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mohamad_Taha, General Manager at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
I'am very delighted to hear that you found our location to be of perfect value to you. Your comments and suggestions offer insight to fellow travelers who are interested in what Washington DC and our location have to offer and for that I Thank You.
Please consider staying with the Morrison-Clark Historic Inn for future lodging while in Washington DC.

Regards,