2,430 results
All reviews venetian room white house ceiling fan world bank charming hotel george washington university dressing area foggy bottom small kitchenette stay there again whole foods office building an older hotel within walking distance upgraded to a suite few blocks bed was very comfortable
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The rooms are OK and the staff at the front door were friendly but other aspects of the stay were poor. The chamber maids tiedied up my room and threw stuff away for me, including things I didnt want throwing away. The breakfast room is tiny and slow, the menu out of the 1970s. The gym is a joke. The front desk staff irritable and unfriendly. On checking out I was given my folded up bill and luckily opened it to check it. They hadn't bothered to tell me they were charging me 25 dollars for the adaptor plug I borrowed and had left in the room. I was sent back up to my room to get the adaptor and bring it back to them.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Greetings mmountain!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel and sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear that some of our accommodations and services weren't up to your expectations. We take the comments of our guests very seriously, as our goal is to always improve on meeting and exceeding expectations. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visit DC often and usually stay at a national chain, however I decided to try Hotel Lombardy this visit (about half the price!). I was VERY happy that I gave this place a try- it is truly a hidden gem. Everyone was so friendly (especially the wonderful valet/door guys). The rooms were clean, updated, quiet. Bed very comfortable. Location great- right on Penn Ave, few blocks to Metro stop, next to GWU campus. Highly recommend!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank zoeylambeau
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Greetings zoeylambeau!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. We are very delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience with us. We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

I stayed two nights at the hotel while attending a conference.

The good: The bell hops were great- greeted me at the door, helped with luggage, and hailed me a cab later in the evening. The room was clean and comfortable. Great location not far from the White House.

The bad: front desk staff wasn’t overly welcoming. They checked me in without much introduction to the hotel. I had to ask where the elevator was located and they never explained where the gym or restaurant/ bar could be found. The room also lacked a coffee maker and while I expected to find coffee in the lobby, I didn’t see any.

The biggest issue during my stay was nighttime noise. I stayed in a room at the back of the hotel and the building directly behind is being gutted. I heard noise as late as 11 pm and as early as 5:30 am. I understand that DC is a large city and the hotel probably didn’t have control over the noise, but unfortunately it impacted my stay.

Trip type: Traveled on business
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Greetings cruiserfromwv!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel and for sharing your experience. I am very disappointed to read that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. We would like to further investigate this matter and I have reached out to you privately with my direct contact information. I sincerely apologize and I hope that you would give us another chance to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 2, 2019

My family and I just returned from a sweet visit to our nations capital including a sweet stay at the Hotel Lombardy! This was our 2nd time staying at the Hotel Lombardy and everything was just as perfect as the first time! The location, accommodations, restaurant, price and friendliness of the entire staff 7/24 was FANTASTIC! We already are looking forward to our next visit to DC including staying at the Hotel Lombardy!

Date of stay: April 2019
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Greetings Scott R!

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review of our hotel and for sharing your experience. I am thrilled to read that this was your second visit and I am glad you had another wonderful experience with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2019

Short walk to the White House and other D.C. sights. The rooms are rather spacious for a vintage type hotel. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating (they let me borrow an umbrella for example).

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Greetings AmericanTouristBen!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hotel Lombardy. I am very happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Hotel Lombardy and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.