2,431 results
All reviews venetian room white house ceiling fan world bank charming hotel george washington university dressing area foggy bottom small kitchenette stay there again whole foods office building an older hotel within walking distance upgraded to a suite few blocks bed was very comfortable
Selected filters
Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

I stayed two nights at the hotel while attending a conference.

The good: The bell hops were great- greeted me at the door, helped with luggage, and hailed me a cab later in the evening. The room was clean and comfortable. Great location not far from the White House.

The bad: front desk staff wasn’t overly welcoming. They checked me in without much introduction to the hotel. I had to ask where the elevator was located and they never explained where the gym or restaurant/ bar could be found. The room also lacked a coffee maker and while I expected to find coffee in the lobby, I didn’t see any.

The biggest issue during my stay was nighttime noise. I stayed in a room at the back of the hotel and the building directly behind is being gutted. I heard noise as late as 11 pm and as early as 5:30 am. I understand that DC is a large city and the hotel probably didn’t have control over the noise, but unfortunately it impacted my stay.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Greetings cruiserfromwv!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel and for sharing your experience. I am very disappointed to read that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. We would like to further investigate this matter and I have reached out to you privately with my direct contact information. I sincerely apologize and I hope that you would give us another chance to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 2, 2019

My family and I just returned from a sweet visit to our nations capital including a sweet stay at the Hotel Lombardy! This was our 2nd time staying at the Hotel Lombardy and everything was just as perfect as the first time! The location, accommodations, restaurant, price and friendliness of the entire staff 7/24 was FANTASTIC! We already are looking forward to our next visit to DC including staying at the Hotel Lombardy!

Date of stay: April 2019
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Greetings Scott R!

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review of our hotel and for sharing your experience. I am thrilled to read that this was your second visit and I am glad you had another wonderful experience with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2019

Short walk to the White House and other D.C. sights. The rooms are rather spacious for a vintage type hotel. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating (they let me borrow an umbrella for example).

• Trip type: Traveled on business
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Greetings AmericanTouristBen!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hotel Lombardy. I am very happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Hotel Lombardy and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 30, 2019

Hotel Lombardy location is excellent. we have top floor room facing Pennsylvania Avenue - the hotel staff was excellent. Room was clean, good size and bed was very comfortable. Our overall experience was excellent and we will come back to stay again. One suggestion is not to eat at the hotel restaurant - though food was good - service was slow when we were there even though we were only one there.

1  Thank bkk0902

Greetings bkk0902!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel and for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience at our Cafe, we take the comments of our guests very seriously as our goal is to always improve on meeting and exceeding expectations. On the other hand, I am very happy that you had an overall wonderful experience during your stay with us. We are thrilled that you'll visit us again, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Reviewed April 23, 2019

Wonderful three night stay. The perfect boutique hotel with a staff to match. Don't want to list names because I may omit someone, EVERYONE on staff gets an A+. Room large and exceptionally clean, comfortable bed and ceiling fan a nice feature even with the AC. Seeing D.C. sites all day and walking, walking, walking it was nice to come back to this relaxing hotel. LOVE the cozy cocktail lounge and breakfast was home cooking at its best! Had dinner one evening and that was also perfect! Thank you Hotel Lombardy for making our D.C. Trip even more enjoyable!!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank redwood705
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Greetings redwood705!

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of our hotel. I am delighted to read that had a wonderful experience with us. It was an honor to have you as our guest, I will certainly share your compliments with my team. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and ensuring your next visit is another amazing experience.