WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hotel Lombardy

Hotel Lombardy
Ranked #33 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice hotel, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Our 3-night stay was very comfortable overall. Our check in was quick and easy. A bellman at the door helped with our luggage up the stairs to the reception desk. Our room was ready when we arrived. they did not help us upstairs to our room with our luggage but no worries. We also didn't ask for the help.

Our room was pleasantly large. The king size bed was very comfortable and didn't take up the whole room. The hotel seems to have been updated in recent years and had a large , flat screen TV, nice bedding and comfortable pillows. There was also a little breakfast nook with a small mini-bar and fridge, a table with two chairs, snacks for purchase and a coffee maker.

in the main bedroom was another work area with a desk and chair, but the room didn't feel crowded. The bathroom and the closet area were also separated into a small corridor. The bathroom is small but there's a separate vanity outside the bathroom with a mirror. This was a nice touch and provided a little more room to spread out. The hotel provides one robe for use while your'e there, a hairdryer and a nice amount of toiletries from BAth and Body Works.

Location: The hotel was at 20th and I streets, just off Pennsylvania Ave. The hotel does not include breakfast in your rate but there are plenty of places nearby to grab a quick bite in the morning. It was an easy walk to Dupont Circle and all the historical attractions. However, if you don't want to walk, you can easily hail a taxi or the bellman will get one for you. It's probably about a 15 minute walk to the White House and the National Mall from the hotel.

Staff: The staff was so helpful and nice. We have no complaints at all. Our room was cleaned quickly and very well, towels were provided, the staff greeted us every time we came in and out or saw them in the hallway. The only suggestion I have would be to provide privacy signs to put on your door in the morning so housekeeping doesn't knock too early.

We did not have a car, so I'm not sure if the hotel has parking. It's also a cheap, quick ride to Reagan airport.

When looking for dining options, head toward Dupont Circle for outdoor dining options in and around that neighborhood. we went up near Georgetown U. and didn't find much outside except chain restaurants along the water.

I very much recommend this hotel. It's nice with traditional charm, and not overly expensive.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank beach bum in ohio
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Greetings beach bum in ohio,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and give a detailed description of your stay. We strive to always provide the best service and we are glad to her that your experience was memorable and that you would definitely visit us again. We appreciate you and look forward to having you visit us again soon.

Corrado Palenzona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Hungarian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Our stay here was just wonderful. I did a lot of research using this site and it was very helpful. When we arrived at the hotel we were quite a bit early and our room was not ready so we were given a recommendation for a lunch spot and our luggage was stored for us. On our return from lunch we were told the room still was not ready so for our inconvenience they were upgrading us to another room which was ready. The room was street side . I was warned about the street noise by several comments but I didn't find to was a problem. I can honestly say I was not woken up once at night. The hotel staff from the door man to housekeeping were just great. The young man we met bartending in the lounge was funny and helpful. He gave us tips on the city . In fact we were so pleased with the desk staff we brought them back a treat from one of the local restaurants. I would recommend this hotel and definitely will be back.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Tracy F
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Greetings Tracy F,

Thank you for postings your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk associate (Tishum, I believe her name was) was gracious, and gave us information on tours while our room was being inspected. Upon arrivng in our room, we found it to be very small, but serviceable. A few areas of concern did arise during our stay, one of them immediately resolved (plumbing issue with our toilet).

-The ceiling fan was on a dimmer switch, and made an awful buzzing noise. As I am a light sleeper, I had to keep the fan off. Not a big deal as the A/C worked flawlessly, but had there not been any A/C, it would have been a struggle.

-The bathroom light is also on a dimmer switch, and on occasion, would flicker even at full brightness.

-On the website, it states that the rooms have fully stocked minibar refrigerators. Neither my wife, nor I saw one in our room (513). It had everything else, but that.

-I found out on the last day of our stay the T.V. was out of commission. Not a big deal as we were leaving, but it needed to be addressed.

-The walls are VERY thin as I could hear housekeepers cleaning above us while we were trying to sleep. Again, this goes back to me being a light sleeper, so I was not too thrilled.

Upon our departure, I accidentally lost a couple of my luggage claim tickets, and asked if I could go to the luggage closet to verify my bags with the bellman. I am not sure the name of the bellman, but he was very sarcastic, and initially unwilling to allow me to verify my luggage. As we were in a hurry to get to the airport, I did NOT appreciate his sarcasm. I am in the Hospitality industry myself, and take customer service VERY seriously. I was able to collect my luggage, but I wanted to make it aware.

Overall, it was an average experience, but I would be hesitant to stay again upon my next trip to D.C.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank txtraveler1980
Greetings txtraveler1980,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that we did not meet you full expectations and have read your comments carefully.
We take all of our comments serious and use them as a tool to train and to improve our service. I hope that you will visit us again someday in the future.

Upstate New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Lombardy for a week in July 2014. This was my second stay there, and it was again excellent. I was in DC for sightseeing.

The hotel is older, but in a charming way. It has character. The registration staff was excellent. I asked for a quiet room on an upper floor, and that's what they gave me. The maid service was very good. The bathroom is an older style, but clean and comfortable. The Wi-Fi is free, and it works rather well. I continue to enjoy this hotel, and I told them so as I left.

The only oddity was that there was a light in my closet (of all things) that had been wired to be on all the time - you could see where the switch had been removed and the wiring connected directly. I didn't want light coming out from around the closet door all night, so I found a way to loosen the bulb until it shut off. They really should put the switch back in or remove the light.

But nothing is perfect. The hotel is a mere three blocks from a Metro station (Farragut West) - wonderful. I'll stay again if the price is reasonable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Location
Greetings DClover,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. In reference to the closet light, we will research to see which room so that we can have that fixed immediately. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

We had a night's get away to DC from VA. Lovely, quiet, clean, excellent staff, and charming hotel. It was a perfect stay! Friendly, helpful staff. The lounge was extremely cozy, quaint and really relaxing. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ours was to be a king room, but upon arrival and chatting with the staff, they upgraded us to a King...
      Sleep Quality
Greetings Kimberly D,

Thank you for posting your comments, we are glad that you took the time to do so and that you enjoyed your visit.

I hope to see you again soon.

Concord
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was not our first time in DC, but it was our first time staying here. We came with a small wedding party. We did not make our reservations at the same time as our friends, but the hotel was very accommodating in getting us all on the same floor. Very charming rooms, friendly staff, and a great location will bring is back next time we're in DC.

• Stayed March 2014
      Location
Greetings Stewbaby116,

Thank you for posting your comments, we are glad that you had a chance to stay here at our hotel on your visit to DC this time and we are delighted that you enjoyed it.

We look forward to seeing you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were only in DC for a night, but I was really impressed with this hotel. Such charm, and we had a lovely room...wish we'd been able to stay here longer! Nice staff, and very friendly bellboy. The location is great although we were on a private tour for most of the day so I'm not sure exactly how far it was from the National Mall etc. But would definitely recommend to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greetings KelsterSA,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, we are glad that you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon.