“Great hotel, attentive staff”
Review of Hotel Lombardy

Hotel Lombardy
Ranked #31 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Lombardy on business for two nights in Feb. 2013. Unfortunately I arrived very sick with a nasty cold and no voice. The staff there were very accommodating, checking to make sure I was doing OK (and not in a creepy way) - from the room service staff to the bell staff.

Room was clean and well appointed. Furnishings in that "American Heritage" feel - not my style but very nice. In my particular room, there was a foyer door between the main room and the door into the hall, which I really liked. I spent pretty much all my time there when not in meetings. Room service menu was pretty limited, and since I ate in my room for breakfast and dinner I was starting to feel those limitations by my last night. That's the only reason for 4 stars instead of 5. I would absolutely go out of my way to stay there again in the future.

2  Thank KJ B
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to have you stay with us again soon.

Sincerely

Corrado Palenzona

Write a ReviewReviews (2,216)

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've stayed here several times over the last year for medical travel and it is my hotel of choice. It is clean, quaint, and a short cab ride from my destination (Georgetown). The location is great (a convenient and lovely area) and the hotel is beautiful and historic. (This trip I finally remembered to check the tag on the oh so comfy pillows so I could order them for my home).

Also, the restaurant is reasonably priced, with excellent food and service; I always eat my evening meal there.

My consistently good experience there has compelled me to write my first ever trip advisor review.

Room Tip: Some (maybe all) rooms have a kitchen type area with a small table & chairs, and a fridge. That...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank K B

Thank you and congratulations on writing your first TripAdvisor review and we are glad that it is our hotel that you are writing about. We strive to offer excellent service to our guest and are glad that you get that experience each time you visit. We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I recently spent 2 nights at Hotel Lombardy. It was my third stay at this hotel. I was a bit disappointed with the service this time. The first night I was there I had plans to go out. There is a vanity table with a mirror and table lamp in a small alcove. The alcove is windowless and a bit dark as its between the room and bathroom, and the light on the vanity did not work, so it was difficult to get ready. On my way out for the evening, I stopped at the front desk and told the staff, and was assured they would take care of it. I came back in late, and didn't think to check the lamp. The next morning, I was getting ready to go out, tried the lamp, and it had not been fixed - got ready in the dark again.

Also, while there, I lost my room key. I stopped at the desk to let them know and request a new one. The man at the desk seemed annoyed at me and was not friendly at all. He then gave me a new key after asking my room number without requesting any ID from me which was concerning.

After these two incident's I'm not sure I'll rush back for another stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DesiScituateMA

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that our service this time was less than what I know our staff is capable of providing. We strive to provide outstanding service to all of our guest all of the time. I would like to ask if you can contact me directly with your name so that I can find out some specific information from you. I take concerns like this very serious and will definitely address these issues. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is in better shape than some of the other "heritage" hotels in the immediate area -- perhaps more recently renovated. Very clean and spacious, with thoughtful touches (free bottled water on arrival, nice toiletries, cushy towels and robe) throughout. Gym is tiny and crowded, but why not get out and walk instead? It's an older building, so there are a few quirks -- eg, not as many power outlets (or not as conveniently placed) as our current tech-enabled culture might prescribe. Staff was ok, not super-friendly, but not intrusive, either.

2  Thank sbtrini

Thank you for your feedback! We are very happy that you enjoyed your visit. We take pride in our facility and the fact that we are a preserved hotel registered with the Historic Hotels of America. Again, thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed there two nights on business .Arrived late due to flight delay. Efficient check-in to comfortable room, good bed (perhaps a bit on the soft side but a matter of taste ), a coffee machine and fridge, good internet and somewhat dated bathroom( but remember this is an heritage hotel). Breakfast is à la carte ; it comes fairly quickly ( 5-10 minutes wait) and servings both days were quite generous (eggs benedict with smoked salmon were yummy). Staff was very good from receptionist offering DC map to doorman providing directions to CSV to waiters in dining room fixing up a side order of yogurt . And the complimentary paper is the Washington Post ,not USA today! I did not pay for this so I cannot comment on value.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back away from Pennsylvania avenue will be quieter
1  Thank FrancoistheEconomist

Thank you for choosing our hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit and had a chance to experience our dining outlet and quality service that we provide to our guests. It was a pleasure to have you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Loved staying at the hotel Lombardy over the weekend. Everyone was friendly, especially the bell hop who cam sour to park our car, and then said if we can find a spot for a few hours, we wouldn't have to pay for parking overnight because we stayed on Presidents' Day weekend and.mondau was a holiday. Saved us $80in parking!!!! Very happy with that. Very clean hotel.

Stayed: February 2013

Thanks for choosing the Hotel Lombardy, we are happy that you enjoyed your visit and hope to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The location was excellent. Close to the White house. Staff was helpful, nice and provide with good information. Valet aprking was expensive @ 32 a night, But i was able to park on the street "free of charge" after 6 pm. I was able to find paking in front of hotel. The room was very comfortable for an older hotel. the elevator was old, and small, but work didnt have to wait long. The bed was comfortable, overall very good hotel.

Room Tip: Park on the street after 6 pm (no charges)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feed back. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We value your opinion and look forward to having you back again.