“Perfect location and excellent price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Lombardy

Hotel Lombardy
Ranked #40 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Memphis
“Perfect location and excellent price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We looked at many hotels before deciding on the Lombardy and were very happy with our choice. The hotel is 2 blocks from the Blue line metro station and about 8 blocks from the monuments so you are very close to everything. We were pleasantly suprised with the large room and the bed was comfy. It is an older property so one of the elevators (there are 2) was very small and the floor in the room creaked a little, but that is part of the charm! We had a room on the 7th floor away from the street and it was very quiet. I highly recommend!

1 Thank tripsofalifetime
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that we could be accommodating to you in every way. We look forward to your next visit!

Corrado Palenzona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Hungarian first
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very good value. Room was not the largest but the bed was a king size so no fighting for space,the pillows were soft anf fluffy and the mattress was so so comfortable.The view wasn't the greatest ( at the back) but we were out all day every day so not a problem. The bathroom was huge. Well lit with a little dressing area. The water was very hot although not always as controllable and sometimes almost scalding!.
The hotel location was very good a few blocks from the White House and lots of the other attractions. We walked most of the time and most places were totally accessable.
We used the Metro a few times which was very easy to manage.
Would definately use this hotel again. The breakfast in the restaurant was good and not too expensive for a city hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsHedgehog
Thank you for the great review. We are glad you had a great time. We appreciate your feed back and look forward to hearing what our guest have to say, because we strive to always provide great service.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is the least expensive of any in the area. It's right across the street from George Washington University, right next door to James Madison's private home when he was President, close to the yellow line on the double decker tour bus route and the rooms were so large I was shocked. There were several places to eat in the area we could walk to and room service was fairly quick and tasty. The doorman always was available to hail a cab or just open the door.

The regular room we reserved had a kitchen area (big drawback was no microwave) with a small table to sit at for coffee in the morning. I wake early, Katherine sleeps late. So we loved me being able to sit away from her and have my morning while she snoozed. Iron and ironing board and more pillows on the bed than should be legal. Warning, if you like small flat pillows you may not be very happy. I had some trouble getting a good night's sleep with the Staypuff ones they have.

We were in the middle of one of the worst vacations on record. Lost luggage, car service was late at the airport, one in a couple who were friends and had agreed to show us around the city was having some "issues" and they spilled over to nearly derail my 50th birthday, Katherine caught a tragic cold and ran fever for two days.

After one night, we were moments away from changing our flights and go home. But the hotel was so close to everything we wanted to do, the service was so wonderful and the idea of letting so many unforeseeable external problems ruin our DC trip was out of the question. We pressed on.

The hotel is an old apartment building and has a home like feel to it as opposed to the coldness of most chains and the halls weren't 100 yards long. The elevators are quite old and therefor small. One is barely big enough for two people and luggage. The other is larger...just be patient.

The bar had a nice selection of Scotch and that always makes me happy. I spent my birthday evening there because Katherine was sick and our host friends were no where to be found. I ordered a very expensive Scotch to treat myself and when I asked the barkeep for another he politely warned me of its cost. I thought that was very sweet of him. But I had it anyway. He could have given it to me gratis since I was celebrating my birthday alone. But it wasn't his call and I get it.

But the hotel had fabulous lobby and door service, free wifi in the rooms, decent but the usual over priced room service and a great location. I think unless we can one day splurge for the Willard, this will be where we land next time in DC. Because we'll be back when no one is sick!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Katles
Thank you for your review. I hope that your wife is fully recovered! I am glad to know that you had a great stay in spite of all of your travel challenges. We appreciate you and value you as a customer and we look forward to your next return.

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Lombardy Hotel over the October 6-8, 2012 weekend. It's great place: very reasonable price, perfect location (between 2 metro stops), and a great sleep quality bed. Our room was very comfortable and clean. LCD tv and free internet. The hotel is a couple of blocks away from 2 CVS stores, Starbucks and several restaurants. About a 20-min drive from Reagan National by cab or about 35-min by metro/walk.

Two negatives: 1) low and/or inconsistent water pressure (we stayed on the 10th floor); and 2) mediocre restaurant.

Otherwise, I highly recommend Hotel Lombardy for any visitor to Washington DC.

1 Thank Constantine-TA
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We value your opinions and we strive to maintain excellent service and ensure that our guests are very comfortable. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was completely happy with my 3-night stay at the Lombardy; I can't wait to go back! I booked an Executive Parkview King because I wanted the Pennsylvania Avenue view, and I got room 1002, tenth floor, center, and I LOVED it!! Spacious, spotless, lots of natural light. Huge king bed was sooo comfy! Loved the little kitchen with little refrigerator, sink, table and chairs with it's own window. Charming hotel with European feel. Fantastic staff! The location was absolutely perfect! Five-minute walk to the Foggy Bottem Metro station at GWU hospital was my go-to station. In that area is a CVS Pharmacy, and best of all, a Whole Foods. First afternoon there I went to Whole Foods and stocked up breakfast items and snacks for my little kitchen. I can't say enough about this wonderful hotel! I will absolutely go back!!

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Executive Parkview King!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank advntrr60
Thank you for your feedback. It's guests like you that make us happy to do our job and that's to ensure our guests have the very best experience here at the Hotel Lombardy. We appreciate you and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Thanks,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We spent this weekend at the Hotel Lombardy in Washington DC. It's a lovely old building and I have to say it was the best sleep I've had at a hotel in a very long time. The room was small, but comfy. Bathroom was very small, and the water pressure was a bit soft, but it was very clean and the toiletries were nice.
My only complaint is with the restaurant. The first morning we had breakfast, and didn't eat there again. The butter was sour, the coffee insipid, and something my husband ate really upset his stomach - he was sick for the rest of the day. I'm sure it was an aberration - other reviews talk about the food in a positive way.
I'd stay here again, but I don't think I'd eat at the restaurant - there are so many good places to eat in Washington.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am sorry to hear that your experience in our Cafe wasn't the best for you. We take your comments very seriously and will look into them further and use this as a tool to enhance our customer service.
We hope that you will stay again soon.

Somerset, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I hate to give away such great hidden gem but this place is great! You are so close to everything. The food here is great and this charming old hotel is very clean. I want to stay here again when I return to Washington.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again soon.