“Business trip made Awesome”

JW Marriott Washington, DC
Ranked #66 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Business trip made Awesome”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I traveled to Washington for the NAEYC conference. My company handled my lodging and travel. I read mixed reviews regarding the JW prior to arriving and was unsure how my experience would turn out. Im happy to say I was very pleased with my stay. Location was perfect, the hotel itself was beautifully immaculate and the staff was exceptional. There were a few staff members that seemed unpleasant, a female night security lady and a doorman (who I only saw once late night). But then there were some who shined SO bright it made everyone look good. In particular, Anton (I believe that was his name) greeted me as I entered Tuesday afternoon. He was very helpful and made my first impression of the JW a PLUS. I know it was his job to show me to my room and tell me about certain things, but he seemed genuine in his efforts, as if he really cared about my experience at the JW and DC as a whole. Secondly and most importantly was Thom (or Tham?), she tidied and prepared my room most of my 5 night stay. She went out of her way to wrap my cords around my hair utilities, place my items (that lay about the bathroom counter) in a small glass, and line my lotions & other miscellaneous toiletries neatly along the side of the counter (this names but a few of her notable actions). She was very personal in her actions, as if she were cleaning up after a friend. I would see her daily as I left and she was always pleasant and friendly. This may not seem like much to some but it meant much to me! I felt very relaxed and comfortable at the JW Marriott and hope that I am able to visit again. It is a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for! I loved my experience.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank CHattenJohnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Have stayed here many time over last 20 years. Consistently good. Easy check-in and up to our room. Room standard size, bathroom smallish but adequate. Windows on side facing Willard are small. Nicely appointed. Excellent meeting facilities (which is what I was there for). Spouse finds it an excellent location for touring. Near to many sites, walks runs past Jefferson and around the tidal pool. Handy to Metro.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tucson
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed here in late October and was so grateful for the fabulous location. It was so easy to walk to all of the tourist destinations or hop the subway for anything else. Staff was accomodating and personable. Rooms were well appointed, clean, and comfortable. Room service was tasty and delivered promptly which is always a huge plus for me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have stayed at many Washington, DC hotels but find the JW heads above the rest. The concierge lounge is fantastic. Always has drinks and snacks. The staff is very nice and the bar is great with good snack choices. It is quiet and comfortable. Excellent service from the housekeeping staff. Beds are comfy and I slept well. It is close to lots of great restaurants and walking distance to all the sightseeing you want to do. Super close to the metro and not an expensive cab ride from the airport. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Clean Place. Close to major monuments. Valet parking available. Fancy elevator where you first input the floor you want to go then it tell you which elevator to take, very comfy. nice and comfortable beds.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was my first visit to this hotel. I was pleasantly greeted upon arrival and the front desk was helpful with my check in. I didn't get the king bed requested but they did appear to be heavily booked. The room was fairly standard. I noticed some scuffs and scratches on the furniture which could be touched up and the ironing board could use a thicker cover. Also, the TV cable would occassionly change stations without my assistance. On the positive side, the towels were nice and thick, the bath products were high end, and the health club had plenty of machines and in good shape. There's also a Starbucks in the building which is convenient. I did wait a couple minutes to check out due to their only being one front desk person on duty at 7:45 am. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Half of the rooms face the interior so they don't have a view.