“Excellent location, nice rooms and view”

JW Marriott Washington, DC
Ranked #68 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The location is just perfect for sightseeing and business. All the Museums and important services are just in walking distances. The rooms are nice and spacious - ours with a spectacular view over the Mall. The services are friendly - especially their advices about restaurants etc., too. Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raeber-Mendez

Reviewed November 17, 2013

All the employees at this hotel were so thoughtful and polite. They definately made my Sons birthday something for him to remember!! A special thanks to Officer Munday who gave him a birthday gift, card and free breakfast for all of us!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel is clean and it is centrally located. It is a very large hotel and not very warm or personal. My room faced another building and there was no light in the room which I found a bit depressing. Marriott uses Aromatherapy bath products which is really nice. The service could be tweaked but they did quickly rectify the issues.

Room Tip: Request a room with light.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Nice hotel, clean rooms, good service. Overall a good place to stay. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was also very good. I was with a conference group and asked if I could get that rate and the front desk was very accomodating since I was a rewards member.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at the JW for a three day conference and was amazed by the incredible service of the staff. When I walked in I was greeted by at least three staff members even before checking in. All of my time was spent in the hotel because of the conference and I didn't mind at all. The food was excellent and the rooms were very nice.

My only slight complaint is I put the "do not disturb" sign on my door and they called on the phone when I was napping.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

From the minute my cab arrived at this hotel, I was given exceptional service. My stay was only two days, but I felt at home and very welcome. The staff are all great. It's so enjoyable to be in a hotel where everyone seems happy with their job. I will definitely stay there again. The hotel is convenient to Union Station, the Mall and all the sites. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Restaurant downstairs great, I ate there twice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
DanielMcKeon, Manager at JW Marriott Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the JW Marriott Washington! We look forward to hosting you again soon.

All the best,
'
Dan McKeon

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I am partial to Marriott since I love their rewards program and their hotels. We stayed at this Marriott due to its proximity to Government buildings since we had to attend an official function. The hotel was so well located that we walked to the event in just ten minutes. From the hotel we also walked down to the White House, the mall and all the awesome monuments in the area for sightseeing. The room was nice. The beds were very comfortable (as usual). We ordered room service, which was good but pricey (as usual). Will definitely stay there again during our next DC trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business