“A typical Marriott” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
NYC
“A typical Marriott”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel is clean and it is centrally located. It is a very large hotel and not very warm or personal. My room faced another building and there was no light in the room which I found a bit depressing. Marriott uses Aromatherapy bath products which is really nice. The service could be tweaked but they did quickly rectify the issues.

Room Tip: Request a room with light.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Ashland, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Nice hotel, clean rooms, good service. Overall a good place to stay. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was also very good. I was with a conference group and asked if I could get that rate and the front desk was very accomodating since I was a rewards member.

Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at the JW for a three day conference and was amazed by the incredible service of the staff. When I walked in I was greeted by at least three staff members even before checking in. All of my time was spent in the hotel because of the conference and I didn't mind at all. The food was excellent and the rooms were very nice.

My only slight complaint is I put the "do not disturb" sign on my door and they called on the phone when I was napping.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

From the minute my cab arrived at this hotel, I was given exceptional service. My stay was only two days, but I felt at home and very welcome. The staff are all great. It's so enjoyable to be in a hotel where everyone seems happy with their job. I will definitely stay there again. The hotel is convenient to Union Station, the Mall and all the sites. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Restaurant downstairs great, I ate there twice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DanielMcKeon, Manager at JW Marriott Washington, DC, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the JW Marriott Washington! We look forward to hosting you again soon.

All the best,
'
Dan McKeon
Woodbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I am partial to Marriott since I love their rewards program and their hotels. We stayed at this Marriott due to its proximity to Government buildings since we had to attend an official function. The hotel was so well located that we walked to the event in just ten minutes. From the hotel we also walked down to the White House, the mall and all the awesome monuments in the area for sightseeing. The room was nice. The beds were very comfortable (as usual). We ordered room service, which was good but pricey (as usual). Will definitely stay there again during our next DC trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I am a Marriott fan, but this hotel tops all the others. The location could not be better, the staff is exemplary, the rooms are very comfortable and spacious, and there is ample space to work. I just love it and it is my favorite place in DC. Had room service for breakfast a number of times, and food was always timely, hot and delicious.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel right next the white house and Washington monument. The hotel is okay ask for a view room or you will look at your neighbor. Hotel bar is nice, parking is $42 per night. Walking distance to all the monuments, cab to museums.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family