JW Marriott Washington, DC
$100
$191
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$149
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$145
$134
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

$130
$116
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

$143
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

$119
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$174
$167
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$138
$125
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$179
$143
3,247 results
All reviewswhite houseavenue grillgreat locationthe concierge loungegreat view of the washington monumentthe corner bakerywithin walking distancenational mallsmithsonian museumsroom serviceindoor pooltwo blocksper nightlarge hotelcorner roomtwo double bedslincoln memorial
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This "flagship" JW Marriott has a great location on Pennsylvania Avenue - easy walk across the street to the Smithsonian American History Museum or to the National Mall, and down the street to the White House. It's clean. It has interesting elevators into which you enter the floor you're going to rather than just hitting the "up" button.

Otherwise, I wasn't too impressed. I expected the staff to be more outwardly friendly and helpful. It seemed to be decorated in a carefully chosen palette of drab. The room was fine, but somewhat worn and uninspiring.

This hotel sits in a bad place for my future travel planning. It's not special enough to book for a fun weekend away with my wife, and it's too expensive and stuffy for a trip with my family. My special group discounted rate came to a total of $360 for one night. Since Starbucks and Cosi can give me free WiFi for the purchase of a cup of tea, I get so frustrated that hotels can't find a way to fit WiFi into a $360 room fee - I passed on purchasing it for an additional $12.95 for 12 hours, so I'm writing this review from the lobby.

I can't imagine ever wanting to come back to this hotel; especially with great experiences nearby such as with my previous review of the Sofitel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank O-Zone_Traveler
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed one night here while visiting town for a grown-up night out on the town, otherwise we were staying with family in the area for the rest of our trip.
The hotel was great. They allowed for early check-in so we could leave our bag in our room while we spent time at attractions in town. Our friends from out of town also booked a room here and got an exceptional deal via priceline. We used our Marriott points, so it was a great deal for us.
We had a beautiful view from the 6th floor. Hotel location was ideal for walking to great food. We also bought food in the lobby bar/restaurant, which turned out better tasting that any of us expected.
The beds were amazingly comfortable. The in room amenities were great. We did not treat ourselves to any mini-bar/snacks in the room, but there were plenty to choose from if you needed something.
My only complaint, and why I rated 4 rather than 5 was only because of the noise that could be hard from the room next to us. I was surprised at how little outside noise could be heard, but the gentleman in the room next door could be heard quite clearly. Other than that, the stay was perfect.
We enjoyed the concierge level breakfast in the morning with another amazing view of the mall. Seating was very limited, and there were many individuals that would take up a whole table that should seat 6 with just themselves.
If I needed to go back to DC and stay downtown, this would be my first pick. I am a huge fan of Marriotts and their consistencies across all their brands, so I am a little bias there, but only because I have had great experiences with them time and time again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChateauCC
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott last week for two nights. My 16 year old son and I were in town looking at colleges. I chose the hotel because I stayed there a few years ago for work and I remembered that I liked it. I have no complaints at all. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect for walking to all of the sites one wants to take in on a visit to DC. The room was a standard hotel room (neither underwhelming nor overwhelming) and perfectly clean. I also found the bed and pillows to be super comfortable. I would also suggest paying a little extra for a Capitol Room with a view of Pennsylvania Avenue. Seeing the Washington Monument outside of your window is simply divine.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IO1970
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Location location location , good rooms a good bar , comfy all a biz hotel should be , the staff even smile and say good day, as they go about their tasks , was glad to be back there. Lunch in the cafe was great as usual .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sam K
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was at the hotel in April 2013. Great location close to the White House and plenty of restaurants/retail. The service was fantastic and the room (705) was small, yet comfortable. Also, there is a Starbucks in the lobby -- very convenient. Bellhops were quick to assist with luggage and call a cab. No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business