The Hyatt at Capital Hill in Washington, DC just doesn't make the mark when comparing the services and features of other competitors, such as Marriott. Yes, the location is excellent, but the rooms are tiny and housekeeping mediocre. Let's talk about what the architects missed in designing the rooms. The showers are tiny, with no accomodations for tioletries. There is an inwall soap dish, not large enough to hold shampoo, conditioner, or a razor. The floor is your only option. Which, by the way, needed a good scrubing. Thanks heaven's I brought my flip flops. Pedestal sinks are for powder rooms. Doesn't anyone think about space for cosmetics, grooming items, and toiletries. The narrow shelves above the sink are a joke. By the way, there was enough room in the hall area of this room for the shower to have been made at least 2 feet larger. A simple observation.
Our first day of maid service was less than satisfactory. The maid did not leave hand towels, washcloths, shampoo, toilet paper or coffee. At $350 a night, this must have been a slight oversight. I hate ringing housekeeping to let them know their staff is forgetful. We had a 3 night stay.
The room location was also awful, right above the frieght delivery dock. Oh, well, shame on me for not asking to be moved after not sleeping half the night. The beds and pillows, however are wonderful! Packing in moving is not enjoyable when you have a business schedule. Thank goodness, I packed my Lunesta.
The restaurant was acceptable. We enjoyed the buffet the first evening. Price was competitve. Food somewhat cold, but that's what you ask for, when you chose a buffet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover our historic city from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Enjoy easy access to all attractions of our nation's capital from our ideal location steps to The U.S. Capitol, and just three blocks to Union Station. Walk to famous Smithsonian Museums and The National Mall, tour government centers and The White House, visit monuments and museums, cheer on the Nationals or the Capitals - all just minutes from our Capitol Hill hotel. And don't forget newly opened National Museum of African American History and Culture and soon to be open Museum of the Bible - both minutes from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Relax and indulge in seasonal flavors & signature cocktails at Article One - American Grill. Named for the corresponding article of the U.S. Constitution, Article One is conveniently situated in our atrium lobby. Open daily for power breakfast, energizing lunch and relaxing dinner. Dine in the privacy of your room with our room service. It's good not to be home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Washington Dc