“it's okay, but just”

GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“it's okay, but just”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

i really struggled with how to review this place, my plane was late and they obviously gave away my room because they gave me a wheelchair accessible room right off the elevator, which they seem to give single women. What's that about?

I had them move me, which they accepted, but that was a lower standard room and they charged me the higher price, I also hated he location. In a word yuck!

FYI: lobby smells like an old vegas casino

Room Tip: choose another hotel
2 Thank ThatchersBiscuit
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, October 31, 2014
Greetings ThatchersBiscuit,

I am so sorry to hear about the challenges you faced during your past visit to Hyatt Regency Washington. I am appalled that the hotel still charged you an upgraded price for a downgraded but I hope hotel management was able to assist you with this issue while you were in house. If not, please feel free to contact our Guest Relations department. We look forward to assisting you with your next visit.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Orchard Road, Singapore
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Hyatt capital is located on the DC capital hill. It is an old property and could be nice but for the poor maintenance and bad service. The hotel plumbing is bad and rooms have bad smell. However even after a complaint there is no action to clean the room. Even $300 room does not have a bath tub and the shower works some times

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BharatBB
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
It is disappointing to hear that your recent experience at our property did not meet expectations. I apologize your room was not cleaned daily. I have shared your comments with the Housekeeping Manager. I have also shared your comments regarding the plumbing and odor with our maintenance team. Please know this is not the sort of experience our guests should come to expect while staying at our property. I hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Washington to show you our true Hyatt hospitality.

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate
Linden, New Jersey
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We came for a weekend trip and the hotel itself was very nice. Rooms were very very clean and well kept. the downstairs grill has really good food..a tad on the pricier side, but not lacking in quality whatsoever. the location of the hotel was really good too with it being just minutes from the museums

We did have an issue with noise on our last night and were up basically all night and I did have to make a call down to the front desk in regards to the people "partying" at 3am in the hallway. Mind you, we did have a big drive home the next day as we live out of state so sleep was necessary. When we checked out I brought it to the attention of the manager and she did credit us towards our stay which I felt was very generous as I didn't even ask for a refund it was offered.

my only real complaint is that parking should be included...I did not know that it would cost me over 50 a night to park..I would be okay with maybe $20 a night to park, but over $50 is just excessive

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences from your past visit to Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. What great news, that you and your family really enjoyed this location and received awesome customer service. I am also very thrilled to hear about how management handle an issue so promptly and you left a every satisfed guest. We cannot wait for you to return.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed in this hotel while on a business trip for a week. This hotel is a typical american business hotel with no real suprises. Check-in went quickly in the large and inviting reception area. The lobby offers free wi-fi which is great. I just wished that the free wifi would be in the rooms as well. Its so outdated these days to charge for wi-fi.
There's a shop in the lobby that offers all you need inculding Starbucks coffee and some snacks. I got my breakfast here in the morning since I dont need much and it was not worth having the pricey breakfast that the hotel offers.
There's an ATM, PCs with printers, a shoe clean service and of course a hotel bar.

The rooms are spacious and clean. The only thing I was missing was a mini bar. There wasn't even a fridge in my room which is quite suprising for a hotel in this standard.

The location of this hotel is great and within walking distance to shops and restaurants.
Overall, the staff was very friendly. I didnt have much time to spend in the hotel. So for the time I was there, everything was good.

1 Thank Fairytella
Sandvika, Norway
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself was perfect. The valet service was very efficient and polite, as the staff at the check in.
The fitness room was very well equipped, airy and one of the better I have ever tried (still sore muscels.... :) ). The rooms was large enough, and the bathroom very nice!
Waiting for the but? I find it a strange policy to charge wifi in the rooms, and quite a lot too. Free wifi in the lobby is ok, but this is the first hotel that will charge wifi in the rooms.
Breakfast buffet is also quite pricy.
Otherwise a very nice stay!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a business meeting. I was able to quickly get from the airport to the hotel using the Metro to Union Station, and then walking 5 minutes from the station to the hotel. I arrived very early in the morning (about 8:30), and my room was not ready, as expected. I left my bags with the friendly bell staff, and went to explore. They called me at 9:45 to say that my room was ready, far earlier than I expected.

The room was very nice. It was large and mostly comfortable. I found that the a/c was not efficient due to the curtains blocking the vents. If you sit near the window, it is cool. But the bed area was still quite warm. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was large and very nice, and there were tons of outlets for plugging in electronics.

I did not plan to use the Wifi because of the charge (which I think is ridiculous). But I had a lower level room, and was able to access the free public Wifi from there. Bonus!

I did not eat here. Prices were quite high. There is a great cafe/deli next door (West Wing Cafe), and the prices were incredibly reasonable. There is a Starbucks nearby (cheaper than the Starbucks in the hotel lobby), but many other choices within a few blocks.

The location was perfect. An easy walk to the Capitol, the mall, and lots of restaurants, and others sights. It was also an easy walk from Union Station. I took a taxi to get back to the airport because the Metro wasn't running that early, and the fare was only $15.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank M S
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful hotel. I'm very happy you enjoyed our convenient location. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team.

I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate
Fort Wayne, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I loved the new check-in, check-out system and notification of room being ready. Staff was very professional. Food was very good during the meetings. The location of the hotel is with in walking distance to the metro and Capital Hill. Did not need to take a taxi at all. Plenty of restaurants with-in walking distance. I did not eat at the hotel only the food provided for the meeting. I recommend this hotel for business trips or if your just site-seeing.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write this review. I am delighted to hear how accommodating our location was for your business needs. We hope you have the opportunity to return to the Hyatt Regency Washington.
Best Regards,