“Weekend Conference”

GreenLeadersGold level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Weekend Conference”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The room was clean, the location is good and the staff is friendly.

Just a few concerns I had:

1) I booked a room with two double beds, but was given a king.
2) I have more than enough points on my Hyatt Passport for a free night's stay, but was unable to use them during my stay for this event. That was hugely disappointing!
3) I really wish I could have used the steps to get to my room. With so many people at this conference, wait times for an elevator were extreme.
4) I was disappointed to know that the Hyatt did not have a business center where guests can go online for free. Lower end hotel chains all have free internet access. Why not the Hyatt?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My 3rd time to stay at this HYATT.
First thing I will say is that the staff there is TOP NOTCH !
They couldn't have been nicer.

Rooms are well appointed, comfortable.
Nice efficient gym and lap pool.
Restaurant fare is slightly above average but little pricey. There are other ones nearby
if you choose to venture out.

Green Features: HYATT provides separate trash bins in each guestroom for each specific type: glass, aluminum, plastic.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I am a hotel manager myself, and went to the Hyatt for a convention this past weekend. I thought the hotel did a great job with everything. I want to especially thank the food and beverage department for doing an exemplary job their staff did with all of the events we had. The rooms were comfortable and nicely appointed and the staff did an amazing job of treating everyone with our group with the utmost of respect. Thank you again to you and your staff, as a hotel manager I am pickier then most guests and usually notice things that others would not, and I found nothing worth mentioning that was a negative.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Larry S,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad our staff was able to make your stay memorable. Thank you for choosing Hyatt!

Best Regards,
-Paul R.
PA
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is the second year that we have spent a January weekend at this property and again have found it to be an easy place to stay with a most helpful staff! Our favorite part is the gym and pool area which also has seating areas with TV's to relax and read, have a snack, etc. From the time we pulled up to the valet until the time that we retrieved our car, we repeatedly encountered staff members who were more than accommodating. Despite the hotel being sold out, the front desk was able to move our room after we checked in and found that we did not have the requested accommodation. One tip for occasions when the hotel is packed would be to take the elevators behind the escalators instead of the main elevators. We saved a great deal of time waiting in line for the main elevators and often found no one at the others.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor away from elevators as you can hear hall noise from inside the rooms. We like wh...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
I am glad to see you have had a couple great stays at the Hyatt Regency Washington. That is great the hotel was able to move your room even with it being full. Thank you for sharing the advice to use the other elevators too. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

John Stockwell- Guest Services Specialist
Proctorville, Ohio
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Don't know that I've ever stayed anywhere with a friendlier staff. Great facilities and incredible location topped off a great stay Easy access to the deli/liquor store across the street was an added advantage.

Room Tip: Rooms with an view of the interior courtyard are nice.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear mike_waggoner,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I"m glad our staff and hotel location made your stay a great one! Thanks for choosing Hyatt!

Best Regards,
-Paul R.
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great place to stay in DC. To save on hotel food pricing, there is an alcohol store across the street, a Starbucks on the corner and 1 block away is a Corner Bakery Cafe.

I'm usually not picky over a bed (c'mon, it's not yours) but these beds were pretty bad. They were uneven, you tended to either roll into the middle or over the edge.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

One night stay was great. Booked on Hotwire so I was nervous. Out performed my expectations. I was alone and had time to quickly see the sights before a flight out, location is key because it is very close to the Capitol. Room was modern and clean. Front desk accommodated me with a late checkout which enabled me to not worry about my baggage while I was walking around. So again do not fret when you see it is ranked 80th definitely would recommend based on close proximity to the Capitol and what it has to offer. Caviot is that there were some shady characters in the streets at night, so I recommend a cab if you are going to walk a distance at night.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo