“Great place to stay in the capital.”

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Ranked #73 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Really great place to stay. The service is great. The restaurant in the lobby has really good buffets and you can order off the menu. Pool is colored steel, sort of interesting. Saunas and lots of equipment in the gyms. But it is the staff here who will really make your stay.

• Stayed: December 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our wonderful staff. I'm delighted that you enjoyed our great food as well. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team.

We would love to welcome you back and hope to see you soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Spent five nights in November on business.

A big hotel that is run like a clock. Great service. Clean rooms. Nice fitness center.

Location is fantastic, by the Capitol Building, jogging was a sheer pleasure. Close to Union Station, so you're connected to all of DC.

No free WiFi in the rooms, but they offer it in the lobby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I spent one night at this Hyatt and was more than pleased at their customer service and room.
The front desk agent was able to check me in at noon which gave me the opportunity to get ready for my business appointments. I booked a "Bed and Breakfast" rate which included the full buffet breakfast. Since I am an early riser, I was down at the restaurant at 6am before it opened at 6:30am, asked for a cup of coffee to go, and the waitress on hand was extremely nice. The buffet breakfast itself was great, with numerous selections and made to order omelets.

I would definetly stay at this Hyatt again with traveling to DC.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AtlantaPerson
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Hi AtlantaPerson,

Thank you for providing detail of your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Washington DC. I am glad to hear how our employees exceeded your expectations and went above and beyond to ensure your stay was unforgettable. They will be recognized for this, and your comments are greatly appreciated. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. It will be my pleasure to welcome you as our guest on your next visit to DC.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Really great location - walked over from Union Station. Right next to the Capital Building.

Rooms - everything you would expect and the rooms are pretty large. No free internet. Renting a movie is a joke $17!! The showers were a little dated. The only reason they lost a star is they "hide" the bare comforter between two sheets and you are trying to avoid the unwashed thing all night. there were two blood stains on it. The layout is also a little strange and it's hard to get to your room from the elevator. There is a pool but no hot tub.

Service - they were great. Sent up two pillows in the middle of the night. I checked in at 1 am and the key wasn't working so they immediately sent someone up with me. The guys outside hailing cabs were also really attentive.

Food - My friend ate at the restaurant and said that the short rib burger was fantastic - actually he was raving all weekend. We had the buffet breakfast and while expensive- it was one of the best ones I've had at a hotel. Great quality lox, omelets bar, waffles, etc. The waiter was really attentive.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I recently stayed here for a week on a business trip. My room was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. My room was missing a hairdryer so I asked at the front desk and it was delivered to my room by the time I returned from dinner. I also ran into the housekeeping manager in the elevator and he was very friendly - introduced himself and asked if I needed anything. I'm not sure if the walls are exceptionally thick but my room was very quiet and I never heard my neighbors or their TV. It's in a great location - walking distance to many attractions and a nearby metro stop can get you everywhere else in the city including the airport. We had a series of meetings in the hotel and the food was excellent as well.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. I'm so happy that you had such great service from our associates. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful rooms and all the amenities our hotel has to offer. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team.

Becky S

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I took my time to find a hotel for this trip. Finally I booked it thru Cheaptickets.com as a hotel/flight package deal. It specifically mentioned complimentary breakfast (!) This sealed the deal along with the great location. The good part was that they allowed us to check in early. The room was average, no fridge or a microwave though but overall a good size clean room. Next morning my husband and I went to have a "complimentary breakfast" that ended up costing us $48.80 with horrible coffee (for $50.00 breakfast you would expect a better quality of coffee)! When we went to check with the front desk, there was NO complimentary breakfast advertised. Not sure who to blame in this case.
The good part was a great location - lots of things to do and see in a walking distance. The staff was also nice and helpful and recommended a good place for dinner.

Room Tip: check with the hotel about a complimentary breakfast. You can find a cheaper place to eat nearby
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This location has always been great and after renovating a few years back it is now also a good hotel to stay in. Enjoyed a 2 night stay and hotel was good.

Only issue was the shower was mediocre and had poor water pressure. Also found it odd that they don't automatically provide a paper for Gold Passport members. Apparently you need to request at check-in.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business