We stayed here over a long weekend while my husband ran the Marine Corps Marathon...this was the headquarter hotel. The bad impressions began as we pulled up to the front of the hotel. Valet at the hotel was $48 a night and when we inquired about other options we were told that self garage parking was available but no one would tell us where that was. We unloaded our stuff, not a single bell guy even attempting to help and I am visibly pregnant, and I was left to manage 2 suitcases and several carry bags while several people looked on. I actually had tip money in my hand but was happy to keep it after that display. My husband returned quickly. before I had even checked in and reorted that he had found parking basically across the street at the Hall of States for $12 bucks a night...SCORE! We checked and went to our room which was nice if a bit small. We were heading to the armory for my hubs to pick up his marathon material and were planning on getting a cab, but as we were walking to the elevator several other running were talking about a shuttle...we inquired and were told that there was a shuttle for runners going back and forth from the hotel to the armory specifically for this reason. No one at the hotel bothered telling us, even when we said 'we are here for the race'. The shuttle was a great perk.
Rooms were mice but there was a TON of noise from the hallway all night. I literally did not sleep a wink one night due to people screaming up and down the hallway like animals all night one night. The way the hallway was configured I couldn't see which room they were in so reporting it to the front desk wouldn't have helped. But even without the idiots, the rooms were not very quiet. OH and the hotel is directly across from a fire station...you WILL hear sirens!!!
Anyhow...more on the hotel. Don't expect a lot of food/shopping options in the area...this is an office district and you'll have to walk 10-15 minutes to get to something other than a starbucks or cheap burger joint, longer for more options. And there is an overnight homeless shelter/soup kitchen around the corner so don't be alarmed by a large number of people gathering in the evenings...they are just waiting for a meal and warm bed for the night. We passed through that area multiple times and it was never a problem. Its a pretty quick walk to Union Station which is convenient for transit as well as the red line in the opposite direction for a less intimidating station.
We ate dinner the night before the marathon at the hotel restaurant which was quite good. They had set up a pasta buffet for the night since so many runners were at the hotel and it had a lot of great options...and the best macarons (little French cookies) I've had this side of Paris. One miss was the crab and shrimp cocktail I had to start...one piece of crab and the tomato base tasted like cold vegetable soup. But overall very good and we had great service here from several people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover our historic city from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Enjoy easy access to all the attractions of our nation's capital from our ideal location steps to The U.S. Capitol and just three blocks to Union Station. Walk to the Smithsonian Museums and The National Mall, tour government centers, visit monuments and museums, cheer on the Nationals or the Capitals - all just minutes from our Capitol Hill hotel. Indulge in seasonal flavors and signature cocktails in Article One. Named for the corresponding article of the U.S. Constitution, Article One is conveniently situated in our atrium lobby. Open daily for power breakfast, energizing lunch and relaxing dinner. Dine in the privacy of your room with our 24-hour room service. It's good not to be home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Washington Dc