Stayed at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill from 11/8/13-11/9/13--usually stay at the Washington Court down the street, but decided to try this Hyatt. Generally, I loved Hyatts and they are very well appointed hotels.
You can't beat this location if you want to be close to the Capitol and the National Mall attractions. Easy walk to museums, restaurants and even Chinatown and Georgetown Law School.
Hotel has all conveniences, a bar, restaurant, gift shop with essentials, etc (although none of these are inexpensive, but you have to expect the cost 1. it's a Hyatt not a days inn and 2. you're in the heart of D.C!)
The beds and pillows are reallly comfortable.
The GYM IS FANTASTIC!!!!!
All the staff was very nice.
PARKING IS RIDICULOUS!! It's $48.00 per night, the Washington Court (literally down the street) is only $35.00 per night as seems to be in most other hotels I have stayed at in DC (my son goes to Georgetown Law and I've visited quite often) I am a Hyatt gold pass member and at many other Hyatt locations they waive the parking fee for members. However not the case here. A little disappointing.
I stayed in a standard double room, as it was only one night and was disappointed in the size and amenities in the room. I usually book a suite at Hyatts and didn't realize how much smaller a double would be. It also had no mini fridge and the bathroom was very small with barely any space to put out cosmetics since it had a pedestal sink!!(who puts that in a hotel room???)
Overall a nice hotel, and although I'd stay at other Hyatts, in this location I would probably go back to the Washington Court, just as nice with bigger room and less cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover our historic city from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Enjoy easy access to all attractions of our nation's capital from our ideal location steps to The U.S. Capitol, and just three blocks to Union Station. Walk to famous Smithsonian Museums and The National Mall, tour government centers and The White House, visit monuments and museums, cheer on the Nationals or the Capitals - all just minutes from our Capitol Hill hotel. And don't forget newly opened National Museum of African American History and Culture and soon to be open Museum of the Bible - both minutes from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Relax and indulge in seasonal flavors & signature cocktails at Article One - American Grill. Named for the corresponding article of the U.S. Constitution, Article One is conveniently situated in our atrium lobby. Open daily for power breakfast, energizing lunch and relaxing dinner. Dine in the privacy of your room with our room service. It's good not to be home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Washington Dc