“GOOD CHOICE”

GreenLeadersGold level
Istanbul, Turkey
“GOOD CHOICE”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have spent several nights here for both business and pleasure. I've never had a problem with anything, everything is in order, which is a success for a hotel of this size. Rooms are very comfortable, clean and with good amenities. Services, like wake-up, work, and your requests are honored in a timely manner. The location is excellent, with a few restaurants in the area and Union Station (and two metro stops) just a 10-minute walk away. There's a Starbucks down the street which is my favorite perk of all, though not related to the hotel.

It's impersonal due to the sheer size of it but all in all good value. Check-in lines are sometimes really, really long ...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Hyatt is located is an excellent location and the room was clean and nice. The reason why I rated it as poor is the service. I wrote an email to Hyatt and my email exactly said " I would like to change my booking to include the 14th of August (i.e. 11th-14th)."

No one responded to my email and I had to call and ask to check out on the 14th. I receive the confirmation the day after while I was traveling and I did not pay attention that they interpreted my email to include the 15th of August. By the time I cam back and read the confirmation, the price of the rooms went up and Hyatt changed the booking under the condition that I pay according to the new price.

I ended up paying the higher rate but I was not satisfied with that. I did feel that they could have found a solution around it and they did not try hard to please their customer.

Service is as important as the hotel and I was disappointed enough to decide to write this review.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank D K
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Hello D K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your most recent stay with us at the Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. We take your feedback very seriously and we regret that your experience with your reservations process was outside of our normal service. This is not the level of service Hyatt strives for and our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience. We hope this experience does not deter you from using Hyatt for your hotel stays again and hope you will give us a second chance. Please feel free to contact me directly in our Guest Relations department if you would like to further discuss.

My sincerest apologies,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here over a weekend in June on a work trip and was very pleased with most aspects of the hotel. Service was very good from all areas, the rooms were large, the beds were comfortable, breakfast was good, and the conference area was good. They had a convenience store in the hotel which was helpful, but way too expensive. The location of the hotel is excellent for walks to Capitol Hill and that end of the Mall. There a are a few bars and restaurants nearby but not a great selection overall and many are closed on Sunday. I was surprised how many families chose this hotel for their holiday break to the Capitol given that it is not a budget hotel by any standards. This means the small swimming pool was packed at all times of the day and there are nowhere near enough chairs or lounges available.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here for a family trip to visit the sites in Washington DC. Room was comfortable and clean. Hotel is busy but service was still very good. Concierge was an excellent resource and was always very helpful. Location was fantastic. Very close to capital and the mall and Union Station and metro system. We had no problem walking around at night. Watch out for the area around the CVS pharmacy its sketchy. We found Washington safe and well patrolled by police. We booked this hotel through Hotwire and was not disappointed. Parking at the hotel is very expensive. If you wont be using your car for the stay leave it at Union Station its only 20 dollars per 24hours and is very secure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is clean and in an excellent location. Walkable to all major attractions in Washington. Breakfast at the hotel was fantastic and plentiful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Angie118
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Angie118,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Washington. I am delighted to hear how well our location worked for your travel needs. Our Executive Chef at Article One Grill will be recognized for the excellent meals you enjoyed. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to DC.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were coming in for an private event and stayed for the weekend (Friday through Sunday). The hotel itself is nice, although getting to the elevator was a bit cludgy; we didn't realize that the elevators could not be reached from the top of the lobby. Not a big deal, but a bit annoying after driving for several hours in DC traffic!
Service was quite good; my only complaint is that although I am a gold member, I still had to pay for Internet. I am a gold member at another large chain and breakfast and internet are free; that would have been a nice thing for the Hyatt to do.
Parking is rather expensive, but then again, this IS located 2 blocks from the capital, so I rather expected that.
The room was clean and comfortable and that is often what counts. On the whole, I was quite satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you have a convention meeting at the Hyatt or have buiness on the hill this is a fine place to stay. If you are a tourist and want to take in the sights, stay away. The price was good but what we spent in Taxi's could have put us in a hotel that was more central to the sights.

We were there for pleasure and were 100% tourists. If you are a tourist and want to see the monuments, the White House and any of the museums then stay someplace else. We walked A LOT! I dont mind walking but the area immediately behind the hotel is not safe to walk through. Streets D & E stradle the Hyatt - if you head towards the Whte House there are many homeless shelters, lots of people loitering and sleeping and lots of trash on the street. it's very sad and but it's not a safe area for tourists - especially tourists who don't know what they are walking into until it's too late.

Yes, you can avoid the sketchy area by talking the long way around but it's a hassle, just stay somewhere else! Out trip was great but the location of the hotel was bad for us. I would pay more next time and have a location closer to the sights. While the Hyatt was nice to sleep in, I regret my decison to stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family