Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
$217
$339
  • Breakfast included
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$359
$323
  • Breakfast included
$323
$305
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$383
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
Hotels.com
$296
$280
$365
$332
Priceline
4,508 results
All reviewscapitol hillunion stationhomeless sheltergreat locationnational mallsupreme courtcapital buildingbreakfast buffetwalking distancelibrary of congressfew blocksbusiness hotelsmithsonian museumsper dayfitness centervalet parkinghotel restaurant
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I lived in DC for a few year and now every time I come back to visit family and friends, this is my go-to place to stay. I have probably stayed here three times in the last 6 months and each stay has been great. It is walking distance to Union Station, the National Mall and other touristy DC attractions. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. It is reasonably priced and well worth it!

The only downside is that depending on where your room is located, you may hear some noise that carries down the hallway or the walls shake from doors shutting. This has only happened to me on one of my few recent stays. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here last year and wrote a review that wasnt that great because I knew Hyatt could do better, and they did. I do want to say that after I wrote that review I was promptly contacted by the hotel to apologize. And no, before I write this, I didnt get anything for coming back. My work requires that I attend a conference held in the Hyatt and since they are paying for it, this is where I stay.
So I was here for 3 days at the end of July 2013 and it could not have been a more enjoyable stay (with one little exception, later). This time instead of traveling alone I brought my husband and kids so they could enjoy DC while I sat in meetings. The room was immaculate and definitely looked like there had been some recent upgrades and renovations done since last summer. The whole hotel felt cleaner and fresher. We got a room with two doubles and there was plenty of room for the four of us.
PROS -
LOCATION - this hotel is so perfectly located. My family walked to the Smithsonian museums, one day (spread anywhere from a few to 8-10 blocks away). Another day they hopped on the Metro (2 blocks away) and went to the Zoo and explored DuPont circle. The third day we all walked to the Capital (5 minutes!) and took the tours and watched Congress in session. At night it was very relaxing to take a drive and see the monuments nearby, as I think they are prettiest at night. Each day when they returned to the hotel everyone went for a swim. The pool is really nice, small, but perfect since there are rarely more than 3-5 people in the pool. In the pool area is their gym which is the nicest one I have seen in a hotel. So much to do, plus plenty of towels, ice water, space, etc. The whole pool/fitness are was so well planned.
BEDS- so comfortable. I like a soft bed, my husband likes a firm bed, yet we both slept really well. Also I foudn this hotel to be very quiet. Maybe it was the floor we were on (7th) but I didnt notice much noise at all, inlcuding the annoying "bam" of nearby hotel room doors opening and closing like I ususally do in a hotel. The bathroom is big and the amenities standard but nice.
SERVICE - I really felt lile everyone we were in contact with was especially nice and warm. As we first entered our room, the housekeeper was walking by, saw there were four of us and immediately brought us more towels and extra TP. I liked her predictive service approach. The rest of the staff was equally helpful.
CONS
AC - DC is hot and humid in the summer and I am still not in love with the AC situation in this hotel. Public areas are fine, but in the rooms I still dont feel like is is running the way I want it to. Dont get me wrong, it is on and it is certainly comfortable, but I still think the room design (where the blower is too close to the thermostat and blows against the drapes) hampers it from getting really cool and dry the way I like it.
GIFT SHOP - ridiculous prices. Even on an expense account, I just cant do it. I know this isnt a Hyatt problem, this is a hotel industry-wide ripoff. But the bright side is that the West Wing cafe is less than a block away and has real people pricing and a great selection.
In the last year I have recommended this hotel to many friends traveling to DC, with the reservations I gave in my last review form last summer. FDrom now on I am happy to say I would recommend this place 100%!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for giving us another opportunity to provide the excellent service that is indicative of Hyatt Regency Washington. I am pleased you and your family had an outstanding stay. It sounds like your family was able to explore and enjoy all the sights and attractions D.C. has to offer. We have a fabulous location within walking distance to several sights and near the metro station for easy transportation. I have shared your comments regarding the air conditioning in your room with our maintenance team. Your thoughtful feedback and recommendation are our biggest compliment. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Washington in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed August 1, 2013

They overbooked king bed rooms the night we stayed, and put my wife and me in a room with a bed that folded down from the wall. I called the front desk, and they did nothing. Specifically, they told me that neither Priceline, which I used to book the trip, nor the hotel guarantees the type of bed you will sleep on despite the fact that the hotel-booking website offers different bed choices and prices often vary depending on the room type. The hotel staff made me feel like a second-class guest for using this online service.

Also, the stay in DC was part of my wife's birthday present.

Room Tip: Some rooms in this hotel have fold down beds.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JCTraveler2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The location of the hotel, its perfect near by museums and such, Megan at front desk was very friendly and efficient, she was the only one during my stay who seems to apply Hyatt standards, but for the rest i am very disappointed with service and specially some of the staff, most of them look grumpy and unfriendly at all times, the worst was a guy from the valet service someone called "rameke" or something like that, he was sooo RUDE not Hyatt standards at all!!! he got me really really angry, room service kept a dirty table with left over food next to my room for two nights disgusting, another thing, you hear pretty much everything outside the room, so you better wake up early other wise voices and noises will get you up oh and personally if you have or rent a car park it around the block seems like you as a guest do not have that privilege, not only you pay your tickets hotel and such you have not right to keep your car on property 48 or 55 $ per night.... not acceptable in my opinion... so far only hyatt in the Caribbean does not charge you for parking... next time will look for another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is disheartening to learn of the issues you encountered during your stay. I do understand how frustrating it can be to be woken up by loud voices. I apologize for the delay on picking up the dirty plates. I have spoken with the housekeeping department to address your concerns and avoid any similar issues in the future. I will be passing on your words to the Executive Management team to further address your concerns with the customer service issues you encountered. I am glad I was able to reach out to further understand your recent experience. I look forward to welcoming you back the Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. I hope you will give us another chance to show you the excellent service that is indicative of Hyatt.

Allie H. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We arrived early to the hotel and were given a room immediately, well before the normal check-in time. This was really helpful so that we could get on our way to see all the sites that DC has to offer. The bed was incredibly comfortable, which was great after a long day of sight seeing.

The concierge is IMMENSELY helpful. Almost every day, we asked about restaurants, places to go, etc. They offered up great advice and places that I would have never thought about going to. They would even book places for you if needed. We never did need that service, but I can only assume it would have worked out well.

There were only a couple of inconveniences. First, it took FOREVER to get anything from room service. Not sure if it was just a one time occurrence, but we had to cal several times to get extra pillows and toiletries. Second, it is a great location for some things, but for the most part, you really need to take a taxi to most places, especially at night. One side of the hotel is not in the best part of town and I wouldn't trust walking around at night in the area.

Overall, I would stay here again and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple