“in the heart of Washington action”

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Ranked #74 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Fairplay, Colorado
“in the heart of Washington action”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great location for quick walks to the Capitol, Senate and Representative office buildings, Library of Congress and more. Staff was efficient and pleasant and quick to be helpful. Rooms were adequately furnished and quiet, but not outstanding.
Service and meals at the restaurant were very good.
My favorite location is a less expensive historic hotel some blocks away, but since my daily meetings were at locations mentioned above, this was more convenient and saved the cab ride. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great stay and location. Concierge was extremely helpful in choosing a tour to take my kids on. He gave us a few choices and shared the pros and cons of all so that I could make an informative choice. Beds were comfy and the room was clean but a bit tight. Breakfast buffet was very very good but a bit pricey for me (light eater) and two kids. We did decided to eat breakfast at a local bagel shop a few blocks up the second day on our way to Spy Museum. We were on the side of the construction and were not bothered by their daytime work at all. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights while attending a conference also located at this hotel. I've stayed here probably a dozen times over the years but this time was less than desired. Pros: hotel is well located. Not far from dca and metro. Nice lobby. Efficient check in. Room is what you expect for a dc Hyatt. Clean. Nice tv and work space. Cons: shower is tiny. Toilet is right up against the wall. Constant loud banging noise throughout my stay - possible construction or elevator noise, I couldn't be sure but avoid a room on the 2nd floor. My major complaint was room service - why do hotels feel the need to mess with the food on the menu. I'm ordering room service so I expect a basic meal. Not a food experiment. A club sandwich is easy enough to make. Don't ruin it by using an herb cream cheese spread plus a weird aioli and super smokey turkey. Horrible. Same thing with the side salad. Bitter greens, apple slices and a strange dressing wasn't what I expected. Stick to a traditional flavor profile. If I want adventurous i will dine out. I can't easily send back a room service meal unless I want to wait another hour for my food.

• Stayed June 2013
England
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 days. Pretty much ticks the boxes. Nothing amazing but really nothing to complain about. V convenient location within walking distance of all the sights. Would be v complimentary about the staff especially the concierge. Only slight grumble is that bar is over-priced but there are alternatives across the street so no big deal

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JJOH
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

After a great stay on business, I brought the family to see the Nation's Capitol. This is a beautiful hotel with great service. It has one of the best hotel gyms around. I can't think of a better location to see the sites of D.C. than the Capitol Hyatt. The Econcierge allows to reserve a microwave and fridge. I'm quite sure I'll be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I am thrilled you had another fantastic experience at our property. It is great to hear that you find the gym to be terrific. We have a great location within walking distance from the Capitol and various other D.C. attractions. I appreciate you taking a moment to share your feedback with us. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to D.C.!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Armonk NY
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great Capital Hill location. Room was OK. 40+ min at table in Article One restaurant (25% occupancy on a Monday night) to get dinner about as tasty as the airlines. Overcooked chicken breast, with barbecue sauce from a bottle. Take my advice, walk a block and a half to the Hotel George, sit at the bar, and get a a few small plates worth eating. Better yet, stay there.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend. This hotel is in a great location with a close proximity to Union Square, the Capitol and other museums. Check in and check out were very easy and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. After checkout (which was at 12 p.m.) we were able to store our luggage so that we could do more sightseeing before leaving. I was told that you could also store your luggage prior to check in if the room wasn't ready. The bed(s) were extremely comfortable (and we was extremely tired) and the room was perfect. We received (2) vouchers for a free breakfast buffet (which normally costs $22). Since there were 3 of us in the room, I gave the vouchers to my mother and son...and they LOVED it! My husband (who arrived the morning of checkout) and I walked to a local restaurant for breakfast.
I just wish that there was free internet in the rooms, however someone told me that there were free hotspots in the lobby area. We used the valet parking which cost $48(!!!) per night. We were able to leave our car in the parking area until 7 p.m. on checkout day. There was a parking garage that was not far from the hotel but I'm not sure of their rates.
My overall experience with this hotel was great and I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear YvetteCee,

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. We are glad to hear how well our centralized location worked for your visit. Our Front Desk Associates will be recognized for the excellent service provided to you. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate