Checked in on the 24th and stayed for 2 nights. The Hotel seemed very busy, which is fine. Our room was very pleasant and nicely designed. It fit 2 adults and my 2 children just fine. The view was not so pleasing as we faced a construction site (minor, but wanted to state it). We used the pool on the first night and found that there was a towel shortage and had difficulty getting a few. After about a 1/2 hour or so, they did bring down towels and they quickly ran out. Asking for more towels provoked a rather snappy remark by the hotel staff member, "we have 600 more guests that need towels in the hotel too". The following morning we used the hotel restaurant for breakfast and enjoyed it very much, though there were NO waffles or pancakes available at the buffet, ironically only available when ordering separately. When my wife visited the omelet station, she asked what kind of cheeses where available and was met with snappy response one again from the Asian woman preparing them, "I'm not going to read them to you, cause they are written over there". On the bottom of a list of items available, yes it was written, unfortunately the sign was blocked by others online...
I must note that the front desk was exceptionally helpful throughout the day, even at busy times and the concierge was exemplary in aiding us with tours, food and discounts that were available :-). Overall a nice stay...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover our historic city from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Enjoy easy access to all attractions of our nation's capital from our ideal location steps to The U.S. Capitol, and just three blocks to Union Station. Walk to famous Smithsonian Museums and The National Mall, tour government centers and The White House, visit monuments and museums, cheer on the Nationals or the Capitals - all just minutes from our Capitol Hill hotel. And don't forget newly opened National Museum of African American History and Culture and soon to be open Museum of the Bible - both minutes from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Relax and indulge in seasonal flavors & signature cocktails at Article One - American Grill. Named for the corresponding article of the U.S. Constitution, Article One is conveniently situated in our atrium lobby. Open daily for power breakfast, energizing lunch and relaxing dinner. Dine in the privacy of your room with our room service. It's good not to be home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Washington Dc