Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Liaison Capitol Hill DC(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
Kimpton George Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Pod DC Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
Oakwood Lexington(Washington DC)
4,513 results
All reviewscapitol hillunion stationhomeless sheltergreat locationnational mallsupreme courtcapital buildingbreakfast buffetwalking distancelibrary of congressfew blocksbusiness hotelsmithsonian museumsper dayfitness centervalet parkinghotel restaurant
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We got a decent price online ($89) so were happy to pay a bit more than we usually would for a room to get somewhere nice in a good location in DC. It's really convenient for Union Station, which is not only good for trains, but is where many of the rental car companies also have their drop off points, for those of you who are driving to DC. The hotel is also very close to all the big attractions of Capitol Hill, and is a great spot to start a morning stroll or jog from. However, if you want to eat out in other areas (such as Chinatown) it is quite a long walk. It all depends what you're in town to do.

Check in was a very easy process using the machines; it meant we didn't have to wait to be served. Our room was pretty big and had two very comfortable beds. The big LCD TV was excellent. Disappointingly though, there was no fridge. Also, I never understand why cheap motels have free wifi, but you have to pay for it at more expensive places like the Hyatt. I stuck to using the net on my phone.

The breakfast menu is expensive, but I was surprised to see people lining up it each morning. Obviously lots of Hyatt guests can afford to pay those prices anyway.

Overall it was worth staying at the Hyatt Regency for the price we got and we would recommend it to others, despite the shortcomings mentioned above.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
HRWDC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear Guest,
Your feedback means a lot to us, and I thank you for taking the time to post this review. As you pointed out, our location is perfect for sightseeing, transportation and running. I am pleased to hear that you utilized the Kiosks in the lobby as they are there for the guest convenience. Before your next stay, you can request a refrigerator to be placed in your room through e-concierge at no charge. You may also want to try our Business Plan which includes full breakfast for one, wireless internet for 24 hours, one bottle of water, one newspaper, one pressed shirt and local, 1-800 and long distance calls to the US and Canada. We hope that you visit Hyatt Regency Washington again should your travels bring you back to the states.

Steve Smith, General Manager

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I was at the Hyatt for a large conference and was disappointed. There were some very nice and helpful persons on the staff, however the hotel services for a conference were poor. The food was totally overpriced (($60 for 2 salmon salads and one coke delivered during lunch in the conference room), the free wireless service (specifically ordered for this conference) did not function for any of the 3 days of the conference and some colleagues who out of sheer desperation had bought a paid internet connection from the hotel also could not get online.

Room Tip: Do not take a room next to a suite: if your 'suite neighbors' hold a loud party each night they cannot be relocated as there are not that many suites, so either you are relocated during the night or have to suffer through noise and earplugs ...
2  Thank businesstravellor008
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at our property. I apologize that your stay did not meet expectations. I will forward your comments regarding the food to our Food and Beverage manager. These are not the things our guests should expect whether they are staying for business or leisure. If you would like to discuss the details of your stay please do not hesitate to contact us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I got a good price and location for my stay. I was a little bit worried because of some rather bad reviews on this site. Actually none of the things that people complained of came to pass. The woman who checked me in was more than friendly and obliging. The room was very clean. Someone didn't like the shelf over the wash bowl in the bath room, but it was quite long--4 or 5 feet and wide enough to hold things.

I really enjoyed my night there. I also ate dinner and breakfast in the hotel and was pleased with both meals as well.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the top floor and got it. I don't know if this made any difference or not.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

I am thrilled that you had such a great experience at our property. It sounds like from the moment you arrived you had a great experience. I am pleased you found the staff to be friendly and the room to be very clean. Your feedback is very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel has a great location. Too bad it's not worthy of the Regency status (it's barely worthy of the Hyatt designation.) The bar and restaurant are sterile and unattractive. The food is inedible (not a big problem since there are great restaurants in every direction, but if you get in late, good luck.) The hotel is shabby and has the classic old-hotel problem of insufficient electric outlets, so you can't plug in your phone and still keep it next to the bed. I actually upended a trash can to use as a little table for this purpose. There is no safe and no minibar. Seriously? No safe in this day and age??
The bathroom is the worst part: the water pressure was so poor that barely a trickle came out. There is no shelf in the shower, and the floor is so worn that the surface is slippery. Calls to engineering begging for more water resulted in no response.
There was a thin glass shelf for amenities, and it was wide enough for a carefully balanced plastic bag of bottles, but no place to put a make-up case. No make-up mirror.
I will say that the bed is very comfortable. That's about it on the positives.

Room Tip: Try getting one on the side that is NOT across the street from the fire station!
2  Thank BuffCrone
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear your stay did not meet expectations. We have shared your feedback with our maintenance department in regards to the electrical outlets, the water pressure, and the floor surface. We hope this experience does not deter you from staying at Hyatt in the future. If you would like to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact us.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Everything about this hotel was just right. No problems. Excellent location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am glad you found the location and your stay to be excellent. We hope to welcome you back to our property in the future!