My family and I enjoyed our 6 night stay at the Hyatt Regency at Capital Hill. Of course being a party of 3 adults makes it difficult to find a hotel that can accomodate us at an affordable price. Our room had 2 double beds and enough room for our 3 pieces of luggage. The rate I received was just under $200/night that I believe is a good value. We were on a higher floor facing New Jersey avenue. It was usually quiet except when the fire trucks were called out! Yes, there is a fire station on the street corner. Fortunately this did not occur freqently at night unlike the street noise we encountered in the New York Hyatt at Grand Central and the Grand Hyatt San Francisco.
We arrived about 3 PM and the receptionist gave me options on a low or high floor. I responded with it doesn't matter however please give us a room that is clean and can best accomodate the 3 of us. I believe that most of the rooms are similar however our room was close to the elevator but not to close, and away from the ice machine. Thank you reception! The room we occupied was very clean and the maid service was exceptional. The maids always put out enough towels for the 3 of us and kept our room very tidy. We took 4 meals at the hotel 1 breakfast and 3 dinners. In general the food was good and the prices were reasonable. Two of our dinners were taken in the sports bar were I felt the service was better. Being tourist we freqently used the concierge persons. Thankfully all were very competent.
I believe this hotel is occupied mostly by business persons. It is a very "calm" place unlike the Grand Hyatt. We also stayed at the Sofitel last year and in comparison there is no qestion that the rooms at the Sofitel are substantially more elegant. However since we are low maintenance guest and spend our time outside of the hotel the value hotel is definitely the Hyatt Capital Hill.
When we return to DC we will definitely stay at the Hyatt Regency Capital Hill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover our historic city from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Enjoy easy access to all the attractions of our nation's capital from our ideal location steps to The U.S. Capitol and just three blocks to Union Station. Walk to the Smithsonian Museums and The National Mall, tour government centers, visit monuments and museums, cheer on the Nationals or the Capitals - all just minutes from our Capitol Hill hotel. Indulge in seasonal flavors and signature cocktails in Article One. Named for the corresponding article of the U.S. Constitution, Article One is conveniently situated in our atrium lobby. Open daily for power breakfast, energizing lunch and relaxing dinner. Dine in the privacy of your room with our 24-hour room service. It's good not to be home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Washington Dc