This hotel is in the federal center SW area of WDC. The property is very convenient to several federal agency headquarters, and close to Metro stops. It is also a short walk to the National Mall, National Gallery and Smithsonian Air and Space museums. The downside is, that because most of the area is federal office space there are no good restaurants near the hotel (certainly not within walking distance). There is a Starbucks attached to the lobby, which is nice for morning coffee.
The lobby and general presentation of the hotel is nice and the gym is fairly well equipped with treadmills, bikes, elliptical, weight stacks, and some free weights. Parking is a subterranian garage, and is $30 per day. The hotel restaurant is adequate, and the service is good, but the menu is somewhat limited, and the quality is simply OK.
I had a room on the third floor overlooking C street, which was better than the rear of the hotel overlooking the metro line. The room seemed to still have it 80's decor complete with an old TV, beat up furniture, stained carpets and thin sheets. There was no closet, only a rickety armoire. The room had no safe, and was very small. The adjacent guests had apparently ordered room service and no hotel staff bothered to remove the service items for quite some time.
Overall, the room served its purpose, but for the money I think it's overpriced for what you get, and the room was very tacky. If they would upgrade the rooms I think the rating could be better, but I would not recommend this hotel if you are planning on staying in the WDC area for any more than one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol. We offer the ideal location for business and leisure travelers coming to Washington, DC. We are conveniently located one block fromSmithsonian s National Air & Space Museum. Walk to major Washington area attractions including the United States Capitol Building, Smithsonian Museums, White House, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial and the Holocaust Museum. This Washington, DC hotel is within reach of DoEd, DOE, DHHS, FAA, FEMA, HUD, NASA, USDA, and USITC. Stay connected with our complimentary high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms and 24-hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24-hour, state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center. All hotel rooms are equipped with refrigerators. Our superb location, friendly and experienced staff, makes the Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at our new Capitol Bistro, where Kids Eat Free, grab a quick meal at the Shuttle Deli Express, or coffee from our full service Starbucks. Unwind in the modern, comfortable surroundings of the 21st Amendment Bar & Grill or take a relaxing swim in our seasonal rooftop pool overlooking the US Capitol. Make the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol your first hotel choice when traveling to Washington, DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Capitol