Quality of hotel service: I gave this a 1 for the obviously busy weekend lack of personnel with long waits. Plus I had to ask multiple times for a blanket. The wait staff in multiple restaurants was terrible. The food was bad, the staff was a bit snippy, and the bell staff trying to get us to take a cab and spend more money rather than give us directions to the metro station that we had initially asked for. There is also a little racket going on with parking. I went to the location and found a parking garage right underneath it. I located an official guard with house located at the entrance. I asked the guard if it was hotel parking in which he confirmed. I asked if it cost and he advised it did not for hotel guests. I did located a cost list at another gate house that neither confirmed nor refuted the guard's advise. Needless to say when checking out they charged me a ton of money for parking their 3 nights. BEWARE of this racket. There is street parking but limited. Condition or maintenance of the hotel: I gave this a 1 for many reasons including no refunds for laundry eating my money, stained carpets, room service carts in the hallway untouched for hours, Cleanliness of your room: I gave this a 3 because the room was cleaned each day well with fresh linen. The reason it is a 3 is because there were open pipes, dirty ceilings, and older coffee maker/fridge. Comfort of your room: Another 1 here for this hotel. The fan/air was finicky, the fridge was loud all night, and the bed was a bit small for a full. Convenience of hotel location: WONDERFUL! 1 street off the mall with access to everything. I would say that was the highlight of the trip. Surrounding neighborhood: Another 5! Nice neighborhood with armed guards who are as nice as could be. No crime and busy area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol. We offer the ideal location for business and leisure travelers coming to Washington, DC. We are conveniently located one block fromSmithsonian s National Air & Space Museum. Walk to major Washington area attractions including the United States Capitol Building, Smithsonian Museums, White House, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial and the Holocaust Museum. This Washington, DC hotel is within reach of DoEd, DOE, DHHS, FAA, FEMA, HUD, NASA, USDA, and USITC. Stay connected with our complimentary high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms and 24-hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24-hour, state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center. All hotel rooms are equipped with refrigerators. Our superb location, friendly and experienced staff, makes the Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at our new Capitol Bistro, where Kids Eat Free, grab a quick meal at the Shuttle Deli Express, or coffee from our full service Starbucks. Unwind in the modern, comfortable surroundings of the 21st Amendment Bar & Grill or take a relaxing swim in our seasonal rooftop pool overlooking the US Capitol. Make the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol your first hotel choice when traveling to Washington, DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Capitol