We flew into Dulles Airport and got the metrobus for $6 dollars per person one way to L'Enfant Plaza Metro Station. The hotel was literally a 5 minute walk from the stop.
We arrived at this hotel at 10am because of our early flight and I was worried we wouldnt be able to check in but we checked in no problem and went straight up to our room.
There was a good variety for breakfast and the staff came over straight away offering coffee and orange juice. We also got a free newspaper waiting outside our door every morning.
The location is great, very close to the US Capitol and the Mall where the vast majority of museums are. Also being very close to L'Enfant Plaza which had 4 lines stopping at it, it was the gateway for the entire city.
There was a lovely restaurant in the building across the road called Vie de France. Also Quinzos was handy for take outs as we were walking around all day and not really in the mood for going out for dinner. CVS was good for buying little random snacks.
We were interested in doing a tour of washington at night to see all the places lit up, there are several tour bus companies and the concierge gave us information on all companies, so it was easier for us to make a decision based on what we wanted.
The lobby could be a bit manic at times, and there was one night where the bar was packed to capacity and extremely loud nightclub type music, but we were out most of the day and straight up to the room just looking for an easy base for our trip so this hotel did the job for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol. We offer the ideal location for business and leisure travelers coming to Washington, DC. We are conveniently located one block fromSmithsonian s National Air & Space Museum. Walk to major Washington area attractions including the United States Capitol Building, Smithsonian Museums, White House, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial and the Holocaust Museum. This Washington, DC hotel is within reach of DoEd, DOE, DHHS, FAA, FEMA, HUD, NASA, USDA, and USITC. Stay connected with our complimentary high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms and 24-hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24-hour, state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center. All hotel rooms are equipped with refrigerators. Our superb location, friendly and experienced staff, makes the Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at our new Capitol Bistro, where Kids Eat Free, grab a quick meal at the Shuttle Deli Express, or coffee from our full service Starbucks. Unwind in the modern, comfortable surroundings of the 21st Amendment Bar & Grill or take a relaxing swim in our seasonal rooftop pool overlooking the US Capitol. Make the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol your first hotel choice when traveling to Washington, DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Capitol