Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol
$238
$225
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$479
  • Restaurant
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
$339
$329
  • Room Service
$220
$194
$351
$314
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$428
$335
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$389
$171
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
$502
Hotelpower.com
2,722 results
All reviewsair and space museuml'enfant plazanational malltrain trackscapitol bistrokids eat freesmithsonian museumsrooftop poolgreat locationsame blockwithin walking distancegovernment buildingsbreakfast buffetcapitol buildingcvs pharmacyparking garagehotel restaurant
Reviewed October 25, 2012

3 nights here while on a Smithsonian visit and highly recommended for location to central attractions. The hotel was pricey although the price you pay per night can fluctuate wildly when booking, My third night cost double the first night! The Breakfast is a sensation although the bistro/bar where you can obtain evening meals was characterised by slow service. Hotel staff were generally terrific and efficient and a big rap to the concierge staff who helped me out with a airline query I had. Wifi was very welcome and overall impression of the hotel was very favourable apart frpom the lack of a safe in the room.

Room Tip: Some noise from the train line to the rear of the hotel but nothing that would ruin a night's sleep. I was on the 6th floor and it wasnt a major problem.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CBSteve
SASwain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

We appreciate you spending three days at our hotel and taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor about us. You are correct about different rates different days of the week. Washington, DC is usually very busy Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights; followed by Sunday and Thursday. Pricing across the city reflects this.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Didn't have reservations for three women made six months in advance. small room no sofa a rollaway 15 dollars a day. hotel shows it's age. the noise of the frig was louder than the train that runs next door. the two star restuarant charges five star prices. some of the staff are friendly. There are plenty of taxis and walk to many points of interest but this is a business district. there is a mc donalds and cvs in the block. count your change at the mc donalds. there was only the view of the train tracks and an alley from room 573. the pool is seasonal. there is a gym and a laundry. weather permitting you can sit outside. some times there is entertainment but what we heard was really bad. I did not chose this hotel. I tend to prefer an upscale venue that is part of the vacation destination. but for the price it is better than a motel but not much. it was clean. there were many international school groups and families There is a deli that is only open early in the morning. there is a very busy star bucks attached.

Room Tip: I was told there is no room with a view one side you hear the trains on the other the traffic they say all of the refigeraters keep noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

I'm sorry we didn't have your reservation when you checked in. I don't know what happened, but I'm glad we were able to accommodate the three of you. I appreciate your business and your comments.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The location was great for exploring the Smithsonian Museums and Mall. The beds were comfy and the rooms were clean. The service was good. EVERYONE was incredibly friendly and made us feel like we were "home" away from home. We will definitely stay here again when visiting DC!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carolyn D

We want to be your "home away from home". Thank you for choosing our hotel. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is very convenient and comfortable. My husband and I stayed Fri-Sun. We had plans of using the metro during our stay, but discovered everything we wanted to do was within walking distance. We walked to the American History Museum, WWII memorial,Smithsonian Castle, America Indian Museum, Spy Museum and chinatown. We opted for the park and stay package. Parking was included in our rate. We could come and go as we please but we never had to use the car. Starbucks is a short elevator ride away which made my husband happy. I suffered through as I am a die hard dunkin fan! Breakfast buffet is what we expected. Room was clean, wifi worked well. When we checked into our room on the 7th floor, I opened the curtains to discover a train station. Front desk had no problem switching our room to the other side of the building. Still heard the train at night but if you have the ac fan on you will not notice. Would be a good place for families with kids. Our kids are now old enough to stay home alone, but would have enjoyed this hotel. Taxis are available right outside the hotel if you choose. Overall this was a great choice.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm so glad you and your husband had such a great weekend in Washington, DC and at the Holiday Inn Capitol. Like you said, our hotel really is located in a great location to visit so many of the monuments and museums here in the city. Hopefully, next time you come to DC, you will bring the kids.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This Holiday Inn is an older, but very well maintained classic looking hotel on the inside. The price was right at only $115 per night for this particular weekend. The rooms are very clean and well maintained, but a little on the smaller side. Our room was on the 3rd floor, so we could sometimes hear the traffic in the street below. There is convenient parking in the hotel, but it is fairly expensive at around $34 per night. Free internet was included with the room. The hotel is in a great location, especially close to the Smithsonian Museums and within 20 minutes walking distance of the Capitol Building and 30 to 45 minutes to the other main sites (i.e. White House, Lincoln Memorial and the Washington Monument). There is one main restaurant in the hotel and a couple smaller places for snacks or drinks. We ate at the main restaurant and the experience was very unusual. The staff were a little odd, especially the woman "greeter" and our waiter who were not very friendly or communicative and somewhat rude . The buffet itself was pretty good with lots of selection for dinner. The breakfast buffet had a very limited selection and, for the price, was not worthwhile. There are not many restaurants near the hotel, so choice is limited on where to eat and we had few options but to eat at the hotel. There is a McDonald's in the same block, but not much else within walking distance. Overall, this is good hotel, with no major issues.

Room Tip: Take a room on the upper floors so you don't hear the traffic on the street below.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Glen007_11
SASwain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel in such detail. I really appreciate the specifics. I'm sorry you had the experience you did in our restaurant. I am going to share your comments with our Food & Beverage Director.