Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$269
$444
$399
The Watergate
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$279
$223
  • Breakfast included
$457
$339
$339
$239
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$402
$242
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$233
Hotelpower.com
2,701 results
All reviewsair and space museuml'enfant plazanational malltrain trackscapitol bistrokids eat freesmithsonian museumsrooftop poolgreat locationsame blockwithin walking distancegovernment buildingsbreakfast buffetcapitol buildingcvs pharmacyparking garagehotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Elsa, the front desk clerk was SO nice. She was very helpful and called our room about 30min once we were settled to see if everything was as we asked such as the roll out bed, the cleanliness, etc. The room was beautiful, had bath and body works amenities, fridge,free wifi and a nice view. The room has a thermostat on the wall to control your temp and it works GREAT! The restaurants in the hotel was SO YUMMY! Kids eat free so make sure you get your vouchers. Mcdonalds, CVS and Quiznos were right outside the hotel entrance too. The National Mall was a literally outside the entrance too! So convenient. Make sure you find out when your car has to be out of the parking garage or they will charge you extra. For us being 15min late we paid $11. We didnt know we had a limit since we paid "per day" (only let down of everything)..

Room Tip: Rooms facing the national mall or the courtyard are the quietest. the amtrak runs right past the hotel which you can hear if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gabriella C
SASwain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

It sounds as if you had a great trip to Washington, DC. Thank you for specifically mentioning Elsa and your other comments. We really appreciate it.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel during a quick business trip to DC. I selected this hotel because of it's proximity to my business site and because it was much more reasonably priced than other hotels in the area. Due to airline delays, I ended up arriving quite late but was pleasantly surprised by an upgrade to a 2 room suite. My suite was spacious and comfortable but I have to say that this hotel left me underwhelmed. It is hard to complain after an upgrade but I have to say that it was very difficult to regulate the temperature in my rooms and the air conditioner sounded like a jet engine every time that it started and stopped. The room was clean but the decor is dated and is showing some signs of wear. I suspect that this hotel is in line for some updates. I ordered a cobb salad topped with steak one night and was very dissatisfied with the meal. The meat was very tough and almost impossible to eat. I would not recommend it. The hotel has a small fitness center with the usual 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals etc.. I was in there alone one morning but was never able to locate the remote control for the TV. I did very much appreciate the location and convenience of the Starbucks off the lobby. I may stay here again for business but I sure won't order room service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I know you have many choices of hotels when you visit Washington, DC. I appreciate you staying with us. I am glad we pleasantly surprised you with the upgrade, but am sorry you had the a/c issues. I don't know the specific suite you stayed in, but I will have my maintenance staff check all of the suites. I don't want that to happen to other guests.

I will share your room service comment with our Chef and Food & Beverage Director. Thank you.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here as a platinum member on a free reward night. Check-in was great...given some M&Ms and a bottle of water..nice touch. The room with 2 doubles was good, clean and the bathroom was very tidy...nice to have a reasonable bath as well. Never ate there, so can't comment on that. Nice late check-out til 2pm.

Location wise...very walkable to the Capitol building, the Botanical gardens and the like. In the evenings, there's little open nearby...the hotel bar is open late and their is a non-liquor mini-store onsite til 10pm...but a very good walk to any bar-life otherwise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

I appreciate your comments about our hotel and location. I also want to thank you for being such a loyal customer of Holiday Inn's and being a Priority Club member. Since you are a Platinum member, it sounds as if you travel a lot. Thank you for chosing our Holiday Inn for your stay in Washington, DC.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Location was good for the sights to be seen. Great location near the Natural History Museum.Near by the national mall and the Capitol....The hotel staff was absolutely amazing! They were so friendly and very helpful
Good breakfast included in the price....

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ofray

Thank you so much for your comments about our location and staff. I especially appreciate you stating that our staff is "absolutely amazing". I feel very fortunate to work here and with such great people.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We ate breakfast 4 times, lunch once, and dinner twice at this in-house restaurant. It was incredible - delicious, accommodating to preferences, and the wait staff was outstanding!
I would like to commend Ashebir who was our waiter three times and who represented your business well with his friendly personality, professional service, and his obvious joy in working there. In the mornings I was greeted cheerily by Ramo (spelling?) as he kept the buffet clean and filled. We will definitely return if we are in Washington, DC again. We live in California, but we certainly didn't see everything in our 5 days! I also loved the large patio full of sunshine where we enjoyed relaxing each morning before we began our sightseeing. Thanks for a wonderful vacation!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jean H
SASwain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

I really appreciate your repeat business in our restaurant and your wonderful comments about your meals and our staff. I have shared your comments with our Food & Beverage Director and with both Ashebir and Raymond. We look forward to having you stay with us again.