“Enjoyed my stay”

Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol
Ranked #81 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is the one where I say whenever I attend the Graduate School. The location is convenient and personnel there are very helpful and pleasant. Edith was especially helpful when I checked out. She told me how to get to the Metro station that would get me to Washington Reagan National Airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tracee T
SASwain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

We are so glad you choose our hotel when you come to Washington, DC to attend the Graduate School. I appreciate your comments about our hotel's location and service. I really appreciate you specifically recognizing Edith. I will share your comments with both her and her managers. We look forward to having you back for your next training.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,632)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel over Labor Day weekend and we enjoyed it very much! It is a few blocks from the Museum of Air & Space and the Mall which made this hotel extremely convenient for us, as it was our first time in Washington D.C. and we didn't know much about where we were going. We enjoyed being able to walk from the hotel to the Mall over the course of the weekend.

The hotel itself was very nice. The lobby was beautiful and there were plenty of options for dining. We had breakfast in the restaurant one morning and really enjoyed our meals. Taxis wait right outside the hotel for any trips that are too far for walking distance, which was very helpful. Our room was very comfortable and well kept. There were only two issues with our stay in the hotel - many of the television stations were very fuzzy and that there was a noisy train that passed right next to the hotel. As we were in D.C. to sight see, the fact that all of the television stations didn't work wasn't much of an issue for us though I could see how it could be problematic for others. The train had really confused us the first time we heard it because we didn't know what the sound was, but it wasn't too disruptive. After the second time we were used to the noise and it didn't really disrupt us.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again! It was comfortable and its proxemity to the Mall was perfect for us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nicole C

It sounds as if you and your friend had a busy Labor Day Weekend. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry you had issues with your television.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed here 9-21 till 9-23. Everything was great. We tried to checkin early but no rooms were clean so the FD let me use the parking garage early so we could see the sites of DC. We didn't get back till after checkin time so it was convenient. When I did checkin, the FD was nice. The room was great. Only thing that bothered me was when we went into the 21st Restaurant in the hotel. There was no sign to say either to seat yourself or wait to be seated. So we just sat. Waited 15-20 minutes just to get menus. When a waitress finally came to us, my girlfriend asked to see what wines they had and she then left again. We just left then and went downtown to Ruby Tuesday's. Breakfast Buffet was really good at the Capitol Beastro. Besides dinner everything was really good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wvalumni2004
SASwain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

It sounds as if you and your girlfriend had a good time in Washington, DC. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel. I appreciate your comments and will look into what happened at the 21st Amendment Bar & Grill. We are always looking to improve our service. It sounds like we could inform our guests better about seating.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Choose this hotel due to it's proximity to the mall, museums, monuments, etc, all of which are within walking distance. On arrival we recieved and upgrade to a 2 room suite, greatly appreciated, as we were staying here on points. Room was spacious and clean. We arrived late on Saturday night, and shortly after getting to our room, construction crews showed up and started jack hammering.....kudo's to the hotel staff for immediately contacting the construction crew supervisors and sorting out the problem, by 1030ish all was quite. Management posted notices throughout the hotel the next day, appologizing for the distrubance...well done. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on lower levels at the back of the hotel....unless of course you are really fond of trai...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denis C
SASwain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I'm happy to know you would stay with us again. Thank you. As far as the jack hammering, the city decided to show up and correct a sewer issue for a fast food restuarant at the end of the block without notifying the hotel. My understanding is that the city choose that time to do the work because car traffic was slow. Thankfully, we were able to get in touch with the right people and stop the work. I really appreciate you acknowledging how we handled it.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Hotel has perfect location. It's really good choise if you are fun of museums. Hotel is in 3 min walk from National Mile wich is line of national museums of USA. Metro station is also in 2 blocks. Rooms are not small, clean, staff is helpfull. Breakfast is not comlementary. Free internet.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank moscovite2011

Thank you for promoting our hotel and location. Hopefully, you had a good visit to Washington, DC.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This property is a block or two south of the National Mall, a block from the Metro, surrounded by office buildings. The hotel is an older Holiday Inn, but the lobby appears to be renovated. My room was large, bright, facing the north side, so was fairly quiet (south side faces railroad tracks, so can be noisier). While the room was pretty dated, the room was clean, had a small fridge, flat screen TV; as others have noted, the shower pressure was terrific (probably old-style showerheads, so will be gone when renovated) Wireless internet is free, worked well. The fitness center is adequate-bright, but with some pretty dated equipment. There is a CVS and a couple of fast food places down the block.

Overall, this is a perfectly fine place to stay in DC-it's convenient, old but kept up, and has what you need. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are away from the railroad tracks, so are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank roadwarrierMD

We would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We do have guest room renovations coming soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel is at a great location very close to the National Mall and all museums. The hotel has good room but they need a refresh, althoough they were very clean and neat. Also room were good size. Breakfast is also reasonable with some nice choices. I would stay here again because it is a great location

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jashwinm
SASwain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your comments and am happy that you would return.