We booked the Spy Museum package which included our room, breakfast for 2, and 2 tickets to the Spy Museum. When booking the package, we had to list our room choice, which we did as a King bed. I might add that this was a pricey package. At check-in, we were given 2 double beds and told that our room choice was "only" a request. When one of the clerks found a king room for us, another clerk loudly protested against us getting a king bed because we were not Gold rewards members. The manager stepped in at that point and found a king room quickly. He told us it was a very nice king room with a view, however, we were given a room right across from the elevator. After that messy mishap, I had to ask for our Spy Museum tickets because they were not freely given. Then after that oversight, I was still not given tickets for breakfast and had to ask. When I asked about the breakfast tickets, the clerk asked me if I was sure I was supposed to get breakfast with my package. All of this happened at check-in. The hotel is tired, along with the staff. Both could use updating. Glad we only spent one night here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed internet and fitness center. The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral. As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue Cafe(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city. We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you to enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC - Central / White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn