“Very central and close Dupont” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House

Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House
Ranked #68 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Panama
“Very central and close Dupont”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Hotel is centrally located, lots of restaurants around the area. Hotel was booked and forgot to indicate that I wanted a non-smoking room. When I first enter the room it was a smoking room, couldn't change the room because the hotel was all booked and then they could change it two days after, but decided to stay with the one I was assigned. All in all it was a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to indicate if you want a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
HotelManager1501, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your hotel stay, however, I apologize that we did not have a non-smoking room available for you. We have listened to our guests and since the majority prefer non-smoking rooms, we have transitioned the entire hotel to non-smoking. We hope that you will come back again in the future when visiting Washington, DC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The Room (815): The room is probably average in size for a hotel in downtown Washington DC but for overall hotel room sizes it’s a bit small. They didn’t have a king sized single bed so I have two doubles; no stretching out for me! The room does have a refrigerator but no microwave. The office desk is a bit small but matches the somewhat small room (grin). It is updated with a 32-inch flat screened TV. There’s also free Internet access so I didn’t need to use my HotSpot enabled cell phone.

The Lobby: The lobby is laid out in regular fashion; is pretty modern with the kitchen right off to the left when standing at the front counter. There was an issue with the key issuance system; it crashed so somebody had to let me into my room. Hopefully they’ll have it fixed before I head out later this evening. It was a bit of a headache but hey, when depending upon PCs to get work done they do tend to fail from time to time.

Breakfast Kitchen: They have a restaurant so no free breakfast. I left right at the time of their opening so I didn’t eat.
Building: The hallways are nice and large, the carpet in very good shape. The hotel has 9 floors and have three elevators so the wait wasn’t too long.

Location: Where do I begin? Let’s start of by me sitting on my ‘shrink’s’ couch re-telling my life’s story from age 5. What was I thinking? Business trip, grab a hotel that’s smack downtown DC. Yes, I need to start from the top. Getting to the hotel? Tragic! Absolutely tragic! Construction, two lane roads WITH cars parked next to the curb, several round-a-bouts…..did I mention construction? Even with Google Maps’ sexy voice chatting in my ear, I made several wrong turns, couldn’t get back on track with all of the one-way streets and had to jump lanes several times from busses, pedestrians, bikers, USPS stops and people generally getting in/out of traffic. Pasted the hotel…..DRAT! I had to round the block and try again; darting across incoming traffic since the hotel was on the left-side of the road. Sweaty palms, shaking knees and several minor heart palpitations later I made it to the front door; whew! Getting to the hotel isn’t for the faint of heart. Parking? Well, that’s back out to the street, left turn into an alley that’s no bigger than what a SmartCar can fit into (well, it was bigger, maybe it was my nerves?), around the side, then back and then down into an underground parking garage. Six foot five inch entrance and I’m in a SUV. Yea, I was ducking in the driver’s seat while inching forward; parking is not free by the way. Ok, will all of that said, you can walk to the White House and other DC sights once your car is nestled deep underground. I was too busy dodging things while looking for the hotel to pay attention to see if there were any restaurants and other attractions around a corner.
Cons: The room was a bit small, it takes nearly an act of God to get to it, and the bathroom is tiny. The room is pretty clean if you don’t give it a thorough inspection like under the sink faucet or the little bit of grime around the silver drain in the tub.

Final Thought: If this was a site seeing DC vacation I believe this hotel is situated in a nice spot for people who don’t mind spending lots of time walking to the sites DC has; a bike would definitely be faster and better. This was a business trip so I didn’t take advantage of the location. Not sure if I’d book this hotel again in the future since my business wasn’t in downtown DC. I booked the hotel due to the nearness of the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Injaznito H
Eugene
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Reserved two king rooms but upon arrival, the manager tried to give us two double beds instead of the king room.

Apparently they upgraded two couples with our room. Not helpful or honest in any way.

My company has a national account with Holiday inn and unfortunately, Fuad the manager, does not realize that I control our company's travel accounts.

Monday morning I will be either renegotiating, or outright canceling that account.

Stayed September 2013
HotelManager1501, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Autzenduck,

Thank you very much for the feedback regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry that we did not provide you with the accommodations that you reserved & that our staff was not efficient in resolving the issue.

We strive to provide excellent guest service and accommodations and make improvements based on what our valued guests tell us.

I would like to obtain additional information regarding your experience with us, so I sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you.
Cheraw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean. Staff was very friendly and asked if we needed anything when they saw us. Wasnt in the hotel much, attended big family wedding. I would stay there again when I come back to DC again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great location near Dupont Circle and 14th street & Logan Circle. Clean and nice property. Spacious room with all the regular amenities of a Holiday Inn though surprisingly there was no refrigerator in our room. Courteous and helpful staff. It is a steal for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ALLIGATOR9
Lake City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Hotel stay was great, friendly service! Room was right by elevator and figured would be up all night with the noise, but never heard it! Easy to catch a cab to anywhere or the tour buses! Not very many restaurants close by but the staff will show you to the area of a few. Would stay there again as it was quiet and clean and friendly staff and you don't find that everywhere!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeb1017
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had to stay in this hotel for 2 weeks for business... The stay was absolutley lovely. The hotel staff even put a microwave in my room since I was staying for 2 weeks on business. The Hotel was very clean, the staff was very helpful and the food in the restaurant was delicious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the DC area or visiting from other areas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business