If you've read the other reviews, there's not much new here. There's nothing wrong with this hotel that couldn't be fixed by Internet access (and by making it a completely no smoking facility ... you can't smell it in the halls or the rooms, but because of the way the vents work in hotels like this, the bathrooms can wreak of it ... this is not a big deal as it seems to only happen at night and you can just close the bathroom door and it's fine). The staff is fine (very nice), the hotel is fine (the rooms are clean, not especially dated), and the food is adequate (certainly all of these things are at worst consistent with the brand and the value for your money in this area) ... no real problems at all. But the Internet access is *awful*. So awful that if I weren't being paid to be here with my room picked up and paid for, I would have left. You've read in other reviews that lower floors are better, in my experience that's slightly true, but not enough to make that much of a difference (plus the lower floors smell more of smoke). How bad is it? Want to load Google.com (perhaps the cleanest and emptiest major page on the Internet)? Be prepared to wait 20-30 seconds at the best of times. Want to load cnn.com? Wait more than a minute. Want to get your email? Watch TV for a while while it comes in (imagine watching the progress in *bytes* per second), Want to send email? Forget it, it won't go. The Internet is so bad at this hotel that they would literally be better off not even offering it until they can do it right (they're just making people mad at this point). This Internet is even *beyond* "dial up" slow. In 2013, there's just NO excuse for bandwidth issues like this at a hotel like this. Bottom line, it's not functional or usable for even "normal" business people (much less tech people like me). If you need *anything* other than *really* basic access (e.g. if you need to VPN into your office or access a server), you literally can't stay at this hotel. As I said, the staff was great and the rest of the place is fine (and that *is* a big deal because the hardest problems to fix are people based, and this isn't a people based problem, but I won't be staying here again until I see reviews on this site indicating that this problem has been fixed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed internet and fitness center. The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral. As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue Cafe(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city. We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you to enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC - Central / White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn