We stayed at the hotel for just one night. Room was clean, spacious. Location is very good. Just a few blocks to the White House and 4 or 5 to subway. Whole Foods around a corner :) The only problem we had was with breakfast. Since we were traveling with 2 and 6 year old kids we chose the breakfast included option. When I called the hotel to confirm I was told that only 2 adults per room will get the breakfast vouchers and that it would be a full buffet breakfast. Kids eat free. When we got to the restaurant the hostess informed us that kids do eat free but NOT from the buffet but from a special kids menu. By the time the waitress arrived my sister and brother-in-law got up and served themselves. Since the kids were hungry my sister gave them some of the food from her plate. When the waitress came she was visibly upset and wanted to charge us $8 for each kid for eating from the buffet!!!!! They didn't even have plates for god's sake! They were eating from my sister plate! Can you see a 2 year old serving himself from a buffet bar! When I told the waitress we would order breakfast for the children from the free breakfast menu she got offensive! At the end we were not charged extra for the 2 kids. She took it off the bill but made us feel like she gave us some kind of favor!!! The whole breakfast thing was unnecessarily confusing and could have been altogether avoided. Otherwise our stay was OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed Internet and fitness center.The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral.As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue Cafe(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city.We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn