It's a nice DC hotel in a decent location. The value is good, especially for families.
The rooms were good size, we didn't feel cramped at all. The rooms didn't feel "old". You can definitely hear the street noise and the hall, but it wasn't too terrible. We were on the 6th floor and the view was pretty nice. Housekeeping was excellent. We didn't use the hotel restaurant. There's a McD and a Whole Foods very nearby, as well as a few restaurants.
The hotel was pretty convenient for kids with a car. There's a little driveway where you can pull up, wait, etc. Hotel parking was pricy, but there's plenty of street parking nearby, free during the late hours. There's a ramp for wheels into the hotel, and annoyingly, they closed it off when we were leaving. There's a 7-11 down the street and a Caribou coffee. There's a freebie coffee machine in the lobby, but it doesn't seem to be looked after much (ran out of coffee / water a couple of times).
The location is "not too far" from everything, which for DC, means "not too close". The White House is a few blocks away, just like Dupont Circle, but those DC blocks are long (6-7 blocks to the WH takes 15 minutes). The area is nice and quiet.
There's a pool at the hotel, but we didn't check it out as it was cold. The front desk staff were pretty nice. There's an electric car charging station at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed internet and fitness center. The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral. As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue Cafe(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city. We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you to enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC - Central / White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn