Although not the most updated property in the world, the hotel was clean and comfortable. We had booked a double room for a week but apparently they overbooked so we got upgraded to a junior suite. We had a king bed and small pull out sofa-bed for our son. It actually worked out great. It was a corner room with a wrap around balcony. Although there is some street noise, I suspect it was less than other parts of town. This is a very residential neighborhood with mostly condos and apartments nearby. One block up, there is a Whole Foods and a CVS as well as a liquor store, hardware store and several small neighborhood restaurants and bars. There is some infrastructure construction going on not far from the hotel and it was pretty loud but they stopped around 9:00. Otherwise, the street noise wasn't too bad.
The parking lot is VERY tight but fine and you aren't going to want your car in DC anyway. If you drive, park and leave it there. It's a little pricier than the other lots in the area but the the extra $5 to $10 seems acceptable to have your care secure and close.
You really can't beat the location. We were about 6 blocks from Logan Circle, Dupont Circle (and Metro) and the McPherson Square Metro. We could easily walk to great bars and restaurants and the walk to the Metro is pretty easy. Since the Metro really is the best way to get around, I've already recommended this hotel to several people.
I would recommend joining the Priority Rewards plan before booking. We got a free meal and the upgrade based on our membership status.
As far as the room goes, the bed and pillows were comfortable. The sofa and chairs were a bit careworn but not dirty, just a bit picked and tired. We had a decent sized mini-fridge and microwave but the crappiest coffee pot EVER. We did figure out how to make little coffee packets using filters and our own coffee but we were awfully happy to get "real" coffee when we got home. I do wish that they had some kind of chairs on the balcony but it was still very nice. We all loved having the roof top pool! Great respite after lots of museums and walking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed internet and fitness center. The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral. As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue Cafe(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city. We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you to enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC - Central / White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn