“Awesome Hotel”

Ranked #100 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel is very accommodating, we arrived at 12:05 in the afternoon and the front desk found a room for us immediately. The staff was very pleasant and helpful during our 5 day stay especially Alexandra at the restaurant for breakfast. She served us 3 times and she was exceptional. The price was above average, but well worth it. You cold get dinner foods as well, but we chose to try nearby restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moe a
Maggie E, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always gratifying to hear good things from our guests. Our staff is great and completely focused on personalizing your hotel experience. It is what they do best and I will relay your compliments to them.We do often have special rates that are offfered by calling or checking our web site. Make that return trip soon.

Regards,

Maggie Edwards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
Oklahoma City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Fine location relatively close to the Capitol especially for the price. Staff very friendly particularly Cuong who stayed super busy as the restaurant host, bartender and waiter - always with a smile. The basic room was small, clean and the bed was comfortable. No desk and no easily accessible outlets in the room which makes it difficult work or to charge your phone/laptop. Had to place the coffee maker on the small bathroom counter. Had a couple of meals in the restaurant. Good food and great service.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank ASWJ
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent visit. Our goal is to always provide an environment where our guests can relax and receive extraordinary service. I am happy to see that the staff did their usual great job. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. I feel that we do offer a different experience than the large chain or big box hotels, a bit more style and personalized service.

Regards,

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure if I just got lucky, but I paid $150 fir a room that said the going rate was $800. Anyways, it felt like a luxury hotel for a really reasonable price. There was a doorman and they kept checking to make sure I was settled. Funky decor, good sleep, great location.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ali R
Maggie E, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your review, your compliments are appreciated. As a historic property we have tried to maintain the integrity of the original building with all it's unique features in order to offer our guests an experience and service from days gone past.
I am glad you found it to be a good value.Traveling these days can be difficult. I hope we made you feel a bit pampered. Make us your home away from home on all your future trips to DC.

Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Henley Park is a beautiful historic hotel, and it's very well maintained. The lobby and restaurant are comfortable and attractive, and my room was beautiful. Rooms are a little small by contemporary standards, but very nice. I stayed for 5 nights and the staff were unfailingly helpful, polite, and friendly - every single person i encountered. Close to lots of great restaurants and shops. And it was considerablly less than other nearby hotels. Loved it, will certainly return!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always gratifying to hear good things from our guests. Our staff is great and completely focused on personalizing your hotel experience. It is what they do best and I will relay your compliments to them. Our unique historic hotel does straddle two worlds, old world charm and new world amenities. I am glad that we achieved the proper balance.

Warm regards,

New York, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

All and all this hotel probably would have received a four for their location and ambiance, but while it was charming I had a horrible sleep. While it may seem like a small thing--the pillows were so enormous that it was impossible to sleep with my head comfortably on them. I had to throw them all to the side and finally ended up sleeping with a towel under my head. Other then the pillows this hotel was fantastic; however, if you are as concerned about a good nights sleep as I am I would suggest BYOP.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Our unique historic hotel is a pleasant change from the brand hotels. Our Downtown location and size allows us the luxury to personalize service so we do keep feather pillows in stock for a flatter pillow option. I am sorry that you were not offered this service but I hope that you will keep it in mind on your next stay.
I am glad to hear that we hit the mark with service and location during your stay.
I hope to host you again in the near future.

Maggie Edwards,
Brunswick, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I spent three nights at the Henley Park while attending a conference at the Hyatt. The Henley was almost $100 per night cheaper, and while my room was small, it was very comfortable and extremely quiet. They have a nice bar and restaurant and the staff are very friendly and nice.

I will stay there again next time I am in Washington and three colleagues stayed there as well and all will return.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
We can't wait for you and your colleagues to stay here again! We're so glad you enjoyed your visit, the history of the hotel, our charming restaurant, and the ideal location. I will be sure to share with the staff your complimentary words about them.

Thank you for your kind review.

Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed for 6 nights. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was small but comfortable. Wireless internet was free and worked perfectly. They deliver the Washington Post to your room each morning. The bathroom window was poorly insulated so it was cold in there in the morning but that was the only defect.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive review. We're happy you enjoyed your hotel stay. We pride ourselves on our staff and we are pleased you took notice of their friendliness. I will make sure that our maintenance team address the le4aky window immediately.
We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Kindest Regards,