The Henley Park Hotel
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$479
$220
$194
$293
$280
$238
$225
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$389
$171
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$428
$335
Hotels.com
$351
$314
$502
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
All reviewsconvention centerquaint hotelstreet noisemassachusetts avenuejunior suitewithin walking distancean older hotelattending a conferencemarriott marquisrooms are smallwhite housecomfy bedfew blocksmini barnational malldowntown dcvalet parking
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed for two nights at this lovely hotel. The room was spacious and nicely furnished. We know there were guests in the adjoining rooms but the walls must be thick. We never heard a sound. The hotel was in walking distance of most major attractions. There is construction across the street but it had little or no impact on our visit. Signs say it will be done in Spring 2014. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Only minor complaint - poor ventilation in th bathroom. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gigiw
Maggie E, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you, your feedback is much appreciated. It is a pleasure to hear that your stay was enjoyable. Our central location makes touring the city easy and our English Tudor decor makes for a quiet oasis in downtown DC upon your return.
Come back and see us again, soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Visiting Washington for the first time ,based on reviews booked the Henley Park .

Initial thoughts , reception unwelcoming room so small never a queen size bed overall impression very poor.

Don't visit the bar it's dark and sorry depressing .

Book somewhere else I wish I had!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alan M

I am so sorry that the style of our hotel did not suit you. Many of our guests find the historic ambiance to be charming and refreshingly different from big box hotels.
Our Blue Bar is warm, wood panelled with leather booths and reminiscent of Jazz Clubs of a bygone era. t can ce very soothing.
I hope that your stay improved and if I can be of service to you please feel free to contact me at the hotel at your convenience.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The room was nice, but it was supposed to have wifi, which we use a lot while travelling, but it was out of range for our room. We could get it in the hallway, or sometimes right behind our door. The desk clerk's response was just to restart my ipad! I ended up mostly going to Starbucks. The central air conditioning was much quieter than most hotels. We were in an inside room, which was quiet, but there is construction across from the hotel so I'm guessing an outside room would be noisier. Most staff were friendly and helpful, but not the front desk staff. No ice machine so you either have to have it sent up, or get it from the bar. When we got home, we had a strange $173 Cdn charge on our Visa. Finally tracked it down to some real estate company that owned the Henley Park Inn. Called the hotel and they said they put a $160 US charge through, even though the room was pre-paid, just in case we charge anything else, and then reverse it if we don't. The reversal hadn't come through yet, although it did after we called! Bizarre! You'd think the front desk clerk would have mentioned that! Anyway, despite the wifi, and the weird charging practice, the hotel was ok and we enjoyed our stay in Washington.

Room Tip: The hotel has an internal enclosure that is not exposed to street noise. Also, check the wifi and ask for another room if it doesn't work.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill M

I have researched your "strange charge" and have found that we did place an authorization or "permission" to charge for incidentals while at our hotel for items such as Restaurant and mini bar services throughout your stay in the amount of $60.00 per day. At check out the amount is released if no services are purchased. The amount of time to release authorizations is determined by your credit card company. It should not take more than a few days. if there is still an outstanding issue please let me know and I will certainly follow up.
We have recentley upgraded our bandwidth and wifi service throughout the hotel. As you indicated we were finding that at peak demand time the service was simply to slow. I am sorry that you were adversely affected by it's performance but hope that it won't deter you from trying us again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was a one night stay with a colleague, who chose it. I liked it a lot. We got in fairly late, but check in was fast and the room was really good, spacious enough and comfortable. I liked the atmosphere of the place, it’s cosy, charming. Breakfast was terrific, and the staff were helpful at all times. Guests were given free Henley Park coffee mugs, too. Smart of them. I still have mine, and it advertises the place to visitors.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

How nice that your colleague's sependipitous choice worked out so well. I will pass along your compliments to the staff. I hope that in the future the choice to return will be yours.
Try to make it soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2013

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the hotel and the staff aimed to please. That being said, I expected a little more. We checked in late Thursday and left before sunrise on Sunday, so we weren't really in the room all that much. It would have been nice to have a little more space. For 2 of us with a suitcase each and clothes, there wasn't much room. There was a small closet and 4 small drawers. It really was a bit cramped. There wasn't much of a vanity, so it was difficult to leave our toiletries out. The Bell and desk staff was excellent. I loved that the housekeeping staff turned down the rooms and brought bottled water nightly. But I can't get over the fact that we had to ask for Ice. It's cool that they'll bring you a bucket, but I've never been in a decent hotel in the states until now that didn't have ice buckets in the room and a machine on each floor. I also don't understand having coffee pots in the room, but not having cream and sugar.

There was one peculiar thing that happened when we were leaving. We had an early flight out, so we had to be out before 5:00 am. When we looked out the windows to the street, there were scantily clad women in the street. At first I thought that they were clubgoers going home, but they were hookers. They were coming and going, and getting in and out of cars. It really was weird. It was the only time that we saw this and it seemed like a pretty decent part of town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Doug L

Our historic hotel offers a variety of room types and sizes but we are always happy to pair you with a room that best suits your needs. Because the hotel was originally an apartment building built in 1918 space is limited and has been prioritized to hotel rooms instead of Ice Machine closets.Our Guest Service team is always available to deliver ice to your room at a moments notice.
Our neighborhood has historically been part of the "red light district" of the District but has for many years been a safe and clean area in which to do business and host travelers. I have not seen anything in recent years that reflects what you saw but will report it to the police.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.