Stayed here with a small school group, 6 pre-teens w/ parents. Room configuration options allowed customization for each family. Yes, it is an old, historic hotel, but safe and well-maintained. Comfortable beds, clean sheets and towels, new blankets and comforters, clean carpet. Requested early check-in, 4 of 6 rooms available at 9AM! Requested late check-out, let us keep dbl family suite to store luggage w/2 baths to freshen up before departure. Requested refrigerators in each room and got them. Desk staff helpful w/directions. Harriet's Restaurant had coffee, juice, milk available for take out, so we could have cereal in our rooms for breakfast and save some $$$. Location cannot be beat - Hard Rock Cafe', Ford's Theatre, Old Post Office/Clocktower, Pennsylvania Ave. all a block away. Metro Center, Gallery Place and Federal Triangle Metro stations all within a couple of blocks to get anywhere in DC. We were not bothered by noise at all. ONLY drawback was single, small elevator to the top floors (but they let us use service elevator to get luggage up at check-in). Kids had fun going down the stairs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Harrington is located in the heart of Washington, D.C.'s world famous tourist district. Just 1/2 block from Pennsylvania Avenue, between the Capitol (10 Blocks) and the White House (5 blocks), you can easily walk to all the sights, such as Ford's Theatre is just 1 block, your first smithsonian is just 3 blocks from the hotel, the Verizon center is just 6 blocks, so park your car if you have one and just walk to all the sights. In addition, Metro Center, is just two blocks away which is the Red Line. We offer 242 guest rooms, including 26 deluxe family rooms, full service restaurant, fast food restaurant, friendly pub, local tours, and a nice gift shop. Amenities Free Wifi Free Internet Cafe w/computers in Harriett's Restaurant Free postcards at the front desk Private bathroom in every room Refrigerators are in most rooms. Just ask if you need one brought to your room Microwave for guests located in the Internet Cafe Ice Machines - Lobby level and floors 2 through 6 Soft Drinks - Lobby level and floors 1 through 6 Telephones - Direct Dial System. Local calls $0.25/each. Long Distance - see instructions in room Postage Stamps - Purchase from the front desk Televisions - Every room has a TV with free HBO! Laundromat - 2nd and 3rd floors Games for kids - just ask the front desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Harrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hotel Harrington Washington Dc