We just stayed at this hotel during the GWU graduation. The hotel is old as other reviews state, but it certainly doesn't deserve the poor ratings some people have given it. During check-in, the staff was extremely accommodating and very courteous. I had expected much worse from the hotel given the great price. My family and I were very pleasantly surprised by the large rooms (we had 2) and the general appearance of the hotel. The location is fantastic! One block from the Old Post office, 2-3 blocks from Metro Center and about 5 blocks from the Mall. Walking distance to Chinatown, and all the attractions around the Mall. The are quite a few good restaurants within walking distance and the hotel provides an extensive list of others in the area. The area seems safe and we had no problems walking around the area at night. (It's 1 block from the FBI).
There were lots of busloads of kids at the hotel during our stay, but there was never any noise heard from within our room. We were adjacent to the elevator but I was not able to hear it from the room. I've stayed at plenty of good and bad hotels and this hotel rates close to the top for value. It's by no means a Marriott, but it's a great hotel for the money in downtown DC. After all, I had my mother-in-law along and we are still talking to each other after staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Harrington is located in the heart of Washington, D.C.'s world famous tourist district. Just 1/2 block from Pennsylvania Avenue, between the Capitol (10 Blocks) and the White House (5 blocks), you can easily walk to all the sights, such as Ford's Theatre is just 1 block, your first smithsonian is just 3 blocks from the hotel, the Verizon center is just 6 blocks, so park your car if you have one and just walk to all the sights. In addition, Metro Center, is just two blocks away which is the Red Line. We offer 242 guest rooms, including 26 deluxe family rooms, full service restaurant, fast food restaurant, friendly pub, local tours, and a nice gift shop. Amenities Free Wifi Free Internet Cafe w/computers in Harriett's Restaurant Free postcards at the front desk Private bathroom in every room Refrigerators are in most rooms. Just ask if you need one brought to your room Microwave for guests located in the Internet Cafe Ice Machines - Lobby level and floors 2 through 6 Soft Drinks - Lobby level and floors 1 through 6 Telephones - Direct Dial System. Local calls $0.25/each. Long Distance - see instructions in room Postage Stamps - Purchase from the front desk Televisions - Every room has a TV with free HBO! Laundromat - 2nd and 3rd floors Games for kids - just ask the front desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Harrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hotel Harrington Washington Dc