I stayed here 30 years ago as a teenager and went back for the first time in June 2012. We stayed for a week arriving on 6/23/2012 and leaving on 6/30/2012. This hotel is old and has not had many updates however it did not bother me at all. To tell you the truth it would bother me if they gutted it and changed it. The place was built in 1917 and the rooms are a bit small but it was no problem. There is a certain charm to this place. They still have the old skeleton key locks on the closet doors!!! The room doors are very good however and use the newest RFID cards to open them. You don't even need to insert the card. Inside the rooms, they are dated but just as clean as any other hotel I've been in. Loads of hot water. The staff at the front desk was very nice and gave me good advice about sightseeing. I used the WIFI every day and it always worked and worked very well. They had free post cards at the desk. Most important to me was that they are VERY bicycle friendly. They had no problem with us keeping our bikes in our room and moving through the lobby every morning and night with them. They even let us keep them in the lobby while we ate at their restaurant. This place is the cheapest you will find in downtown DC. You will never find a place in this price range as close to the monuments. At 11th and E street you will be right in the heart of it all for a very low price. When I go back to DC it will be right here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Harrington is located in the heart of Washington, D.C.'s world smithsonian is just 3 blocks from the hotel, the Verizon center is just 6 blocks, so park your car if you have one and just walk to all the sights. In addition, Metro Center, is just two blocks away which is the Red Line. We offer 242 guest rooms, including 26 deluxe family rooms, full service restaurant, fast food restaurant, friendly pub, local tours, and a nice gift shop. Amenities Free Wifi, computer in lobby to print boarding passes, Free postcards at the front desk Private bathroom in every room Refrigerators are in most rooms. Just ask if you need one brought to your room Microwave for guests located in the Internet Cafe Ice Machines - Lobby level and floors 2 through 6 Soft Drinks - Lobby level and floors 1 through 6 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Harrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hotel Harrington Washington Dc