Grand Hyatt Washington
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$269
$444
$399
The Watergate
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$279
$223
  • Breakfast included
$339
$239
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$402
$242
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$221
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$233
Hotelpower.com
5,186 results
All reviewsgreat locationwhite housemetro center stationclub levelwithin walking distancehealth clubford's theaterhotel lobbybreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelnational mallbeautiful lobbyfitness centerlarge hotelfew blockssmithsonian museumsstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2010

Although it is pretty spendy, it's absolutely beautiful. Service and employees were very helpful and nice. The complimentary breakfast was so delicious and the little bar & bistro in the hotel had amazing food. Very spendy though!

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Lovely grand hotel--immaculate--great service-convenient to Verizon Center and historic venues. Take the metro to Metro Center head to 11th street and you never have to breath outside air!!! Breakfast buffet although included with my room was well worth 19.00++ Wonderful selection, fresh fruit, pastries, omlettes to order-
Down fall: door mEn are clueless and have no relationships with cabbies. Even friday before the surprise snow accumulation, each of them looked at us as a bit crazy when we asked them to hale a cab! Those tips are bread and butter for the doormen in my experience!
Staff acted like they were happy to see you- Skip the upgrade to the concierge floor--not worth it..my room actually was larger the last time--still $80 a night is pretty terrific!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2010

My family (both my parents and inlaws) visited me in US in 2009 and i wanted to take them around US. I took off for a month as i was planning this trip for almost a year and a half.

I wanted to show them around in a royal way so in all the big cities we stayed at top class hotels. I was able to afford this mainly bcos i had accumulated a lot of AA Mileage points in my Consultant days.

Off all the places they stayed they LOVEd this place the most.
First off the location.
Its just walking distance from Capitol Hill.
My father loved. He kept walkin out of the hotel to take a look at the hill :-)

Secondly the service. Its truly 5 Star. The staff were very courtious.
Even though they had some Republical Conf going and some high fi guests around they treated us at par. We were attended to first whenever we were first to come.

Third the accessibility they provde to other attractions in DC.
For a nominal pay they set u up with Cabbie who is dedicated to you. He drops u in a place u ask him for and picks u up right at the time u want him to form the place u ask him to.
IN the mean time he parks in some facility and jst waits.
I never took my car out as needless to say in DC Parkings are as difficult as cheap items themselves.

Overall we loved the ambiance, staff, cleanliness and it was a real 5Star Experiance for my family. Infact after this all other hotels that followed fell short of their expectations :-)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Got a great deal here in December with AAA's "Free Breakfast" promotion. Check In was efficient and quick. Our 7th floor room was situated in the corner with a view of H Street and 11th street. Our corner room was spacious and clean. There was some noise from the buses and police sirens but we live in NYC so it wasn't an issue for us.

Tons of restaurants nearby at all different price levels. We walked to most of the museums.

If you have mobility issues, ask for a room closer to the elevator since the walk from the elevator bank (6 sets) is quite long given that this is an atrium style hotel.

The "Metro Center" Metro stop has an underground passageway into the Grand Hyatt which was ultra convenient since it was very cold. The Hotel's indoor parking garage was full the day we arrived so we parked in the lot across the street from the Hotel entrance (enter on 9th Street between "H" and "I" streets) for $20 for each 24-hour period.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dushi-NY
Reviewed January 19, 2010

The Grand Hyatt was wonderful! Perfect location. They allowed me to check in early and had a gentlemen greeting everyone as they waited to check in/check out. Every staff member I saw greeted me throughout the stay. The room was spacious and spotless. The towels were nice, the bed was comfy, and the toiletries were ok. I had the breakfast buffet one morning since the rate package provided a 1/2 price coupon. It was $10. The buffet was really, really good. All kinds of fresh fruit, eggs, biscuits, fritattas, meats, cheese, breakfast breads, etc. The maids were not intrusive. The room overlooked the atrium and provided a change of pace. If you go, remember to go towards the 11th street Metro exit. The hotel has a corridor from Metro. I didn't know which way to go the first time.

The only drawbacks were the extra charges. There was a fee to use the internet in the business center ($10 for about 8 minutes). Local calls were not free either. I have no idea how much my soda from the mini-bar will cost.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business