I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 4 nights while attending a conference. The conference rate was $199, which I thought wasn't bad for the location and hotel quality. A colleague was staying at a much inferior hotel and paid $150. Downtown Washington is expensive.
I don't have any complaints whatsoever. Staff was wonderful and responsive to every request. Our room faced 10th Ave and street noise wasn't an issue. Beds were heavenly - wonderful mattress and pillows and top quality bedding. Rooms seem to have been upgraded fairly recently.
The location was fabulous and having the metro station downstairs was great.
Yes, this is the type of hotel that charges extra for everything (local calls, gym, internet, etc.). While I don't like those charges, unfortunately they are typical for this level of hotel. I find it interesting that hotels just one level lower in quality often provide such items for free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in downtown City Center- with convenient in-lobby Metro Center access - this Washington DC hotel is an ideal spot to explore the Nation's Capitol. Enjoy stylish guestrooms with plush Grand Beds™, indulgent amenities and multiple dining venues. Utilize our full-service business center and 32 outstanding meeting rooms - just steps from Washington Convention Center. Escape to extraordinary elegance at Grand Hyatt Washington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Grand Hyatt Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt