We were given a free night by Hyatt. It was their way to try to get us to increase our business. We had previously stayed there (see Feb 2007) and loved this hotel At that time, we were diamond members and were in a gorgeous room on the regency floor. We recommended it to family and friends. This time, we were only platinium and were given a dingy room with worn furnishings, stained towels, no nightstands or lamps next to the bed, old rounded screen tv, dirty cups, etc. We were also told that valet parking was not available. Nobody was available to help us with our luggage. We parked in a garage down the street and had to drag our bags ourselves. When I requested room coffee, it arrived several hours later. But the mugs were so dirty that I couldn't use it. The room was very noisy. There was an adjoining room which had the tv on late and had a 6am wakeup call. So much for sleeping....we were awakened at 6 also. When we checked out, I told the desk person about our experiences. They didn't seem to care. I also emailed Hyatt just to let them know how poor the hotel had been...and didn't get any response.When I came home and mentioned how different this stay was from the 2007 stay, I was told by a family memeber who had stayed there on my recommendation that they really didn't think it was a very good hotel. Hyatt wants our business back. This is not the way to get it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in downtown City Center- with convenient in-lobby Metro Center access - this Washington DC hotel is an ideal spot to explore the Nation's Capitol. Enjoy stylish guestrooms with plush Grand Beds™, indulgent amenities and multiple dining venues. Utilize our full-service business center and 32 outstanding meeting rooms - just steps from Washington Convention Center. Escape to extraordinary elegance at Grand Hyatt Washington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splitty, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Grand Hyatt Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt