Grand Hyatt Washington
Ranked #72 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Comfortable hotel with a couple of restaurants and bars. We had a good quality dinner in the bistro. The hotel features a patio lobby with a big restaurant on the ground floor.
There is a small gym, which is actually a bit too small for a Grand Hyatt hotel. Facilities in the gym are average. There is a small swimming pool, which becomes easily crowded.
The hotel location is good, pretty close to China town in the city centre of Washington DC.

Room Tip: I recommend staying on the Grand Club floor. Breakfast is served in the Grand Club lounge as well as...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PeterDiekman
Write a ReviewReviews (5,003)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Awesome experience. Just couple of blocks away from the White House & other major attractions. Amazingly loads of nice restaurants just next to the hotel .. best was the Matchbox pizza place. China Town food was nice as well. The interior of the motel is nice as well. Well maintained pool. Subway station is next to the hotel.

Great experience

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

It is fantastic to hear that you and your family had a great experience at our property. I am pleased our location worked perfectly for your visit to DC. Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was thirsty but nothing in mini-bar. So I bought a bottle of water downstair and had it. After I came home, I noticed they charged $6 which I had no idea what was it. I called them and the lady on the phone told me the maid checked my trashcan and found empty bottle so she thought I used minibar. well... mini-bar was empty. They should have know that. But...I think it's creepy... they check every guest trashcan and charge for it when they found empty bottles???? CREEPY!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 70mochi70
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hi 70mochi70,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am disappointed to learn of what charges you incurred during your visit. I am glad the hotel refunded you the amount you were charged. I appreciated the opportunity to further assist you. It will be my pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a better Hyatt experience on your next visit to DC.

Safe travels,

Reviewed July 11, 2013

From our check in to check out we had were treated like we owned the place. The registration person was extremely pleasant and accomodating. Gave us a list of the restaurants around town that the Hyatt recommends. We made our way through that way. Loved the tapas restaurant. She gave us great tips on getting around the city. Our room was clean and, of course, the beds/linens are fabulous. Loved the city and will return in the fall for more exploring. Will definately return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. I am so happy you found our staff to be very helpful and friendly. It sounds like you really enjoyed your guestroom finding it to be well appointed. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Washington on your return to D.C. this fall!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great find! Great price. Centrally located. Organized and quick check in/ check out and easy valet parking. We stayed on a Saturday night and our rate was only $119 which we felt was really reasonable. Valet parking is $45 but if we stayed here again the same parking lot is super easy to locate round the corner and it links to the hotel so you don't need to walk back outdoors! Room we had was a facing out room on 11th floor (other rooms face inwards to the lobby which I felt was odd so I'm glad we were allocated a face out) ... very quiet, surprisingly large, very clean and very comfortable king bed. We were within walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go. Happy hour at the hotel bar was great too $4 wine and beer and a nice elegant atmosphere before we headed out to dinner. I can't complain about anything and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mandi C

Hi Mandi C,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Washington. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our centralized location. This helps our guests enjoy the many attractions our city offers. Our employees will be recognized for the excellent service you experienced. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Safe travels,

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Excellent experience in every way. Don't understand prior reviewer's comment about metro 10 to 15 minute walk--the closest station is in the south side of the building! Breakfast buffet has so many items it would take a week to try them all! Great staff.

Room Tip: Opted for the $10/nite upgrade and got a larger room that was well worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Kingwoodchef,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Washington. I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the Grand Cafe. Your compliments will be passed to our Executive Chef. Our location works quite well for our guests to have access to the sights & sounds of downtown. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to welcome you back as our guest.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is really good, rooms are very comfortable and spacious. It is located about a 10 - 15 minute walk from the nearest metro station. At night it gets a little creepy since it's dark and very few people walking by.
The restaurant serves delicious food, buffet breakfast with a decent variety of foods to choose from considering a breakfast included package.
My only and most important criticism is that they charged my credit card with two breakfasts for two people at 20$ each (80$ total) when my breakfast was supposed to be included for my week stay. I spoke to the people in charge of clearing the situation since I was with a pharmaceutical group and they supposedly cleared it. When I checked out, there were no charges on my bill so I thought everything had been soughted out. However, upon arrival to my home country, I realized that they did charge me with the breakfast bill. I would never spend 20$ on breakfast when I can just get a coffee and a muffin at the Starbucks in the corner.

Room Tip: Ask for a bill cut one or two night before you checkout, just in case.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business